• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted Corrugated Aluminum Sided Travel Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Corrugated Aluminum Sided Travel Trailer

We recently purchased a 2006 32' travel trailer with the standard painted corrugated aluminum siding. Tried waxing with the Meg's Cleaner Wax at Walmart but this did not remove all the streakiness. The white siding looks reasonable but still not uniform. There are also two different tan bands of siding that have no shine at all and are quite oxidized. Can someone give me a complete process here to clean this up? I want it looking like new again. Products, application methods, pads, machines, where to purchase, etc... I hope not to spend alot of money for machines but again this is a LARGE camper and will do what has to be done to get it back to new condition. Hopefully once this process is completed the first time, waxing once in spring and once in fall will maintain it. Thanks. Aaron

Re: Painted Corrugated Aluminum Sided Travel Trailer

Well, that is about the mildest product possible.

Any chance of any pic? A machine might not work real well in the corrugations anyway.

You may need something like UC followed by #66 the first time, then #66 in the future, but a pic would help.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Maybe use a small 3" pad on a DA since you're working on corrugated aluminum siding, pads can get in there a bit better?
      Both UC & M66 are relatively cheap
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I will get some pictures tonight and try to get them posted. Based on your statement about what I used being the mildest product out there, I probably don't need anything terribly aggressive on the white. Thanks for your help

Comment

there is no easy way to clean these. I charge $30 a foot to do these. I would use 105 on a terry towel and follow it with D156

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');