• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polishing black car with heavy swirls please recommend product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing black car with heavy swirls please recommend product

I just purchased a 95 lexus ls and it's black and has very heavy swirls which seem to be very typical with dark color cars.
    in the past i've used pc with professional 81 or 83 and have had good success.
    it's been a while since i'm looked into the new product lines in the professional or consumer series.
    i'm wonder what would be a good recommendation line of product i should look into to do some medium to light polishing to clean up and remove swirls.

Re: polishing black car with heavy swirls please recommend product

In professional line, there are 105 and 205. In consumer line, there are Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. They all are using new SMAT technology. For medium to light clean up, please try UC and UP that are also more suitable for DA application. Hope this help.
    2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

andytsang has made some good suggestions. In my limited experience and what I've read, Lexus paint is kind of delicate. So M105 might be a little heavy handed to try at first. Depending on the depth of your swirls, the UC/UP combination maybe enough. Move up to M105 if you need, just expect some hazing you may need to clear up.

Telling you what you may already know, a good clay job will really help too. Lexus blacks (or clears) are very reflective. The smoother the finish before you start, the better the results.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Another option you could try out and recieve great results from a 2 step is Meguiars Microfiber system. D300 on the cutting disc has incredible cut and leaves the surface almost LSP ready on black. You could run UP/Black pad to further refine the gloss and D301/finnishing disc or your favorite LSP.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');