• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing #205 and UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing #205 and UP

Dear all,

Can i mix #205 and Ultimate polish for better results?

Reason why i think so:
    • #205 is great finishing polish but more cutting than UP
    • UP is also great finishing polish (consumer line) but bit more oils than #205

Thus mixing both may give the flawless results, because combo of both might create synergy. Any comments?

Regards,
    Imran

Re: Mixing #205 and UP

While I agree with your statements, I wonder if mixing doesn't reduce the cutting and dilute the oils. This week I was thinking of the two products to "brighten" a car for some photos. I used a polishing pad at speed 5.5 with M205 and a finishing pad at 4 with Ultimate Polish. The products are so similar, could I have used one or the other? Or mixed?

You could try it on a side by side and report back. You're not going to hurt anything and you may like it.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

response

I have mixed UP with m83 and it works so good and leaves an ultimate finish that i really love, but mix it while you are apliying not one bottle into another

Comment

Re: Mixing #205 and UP

IMHO, I don't think mixing 205 and UP are necessary better. There are just way too many factors, say DA/rotary/hand, tool speed and how much pressure, pad size/material, paint hardness/condition/color etc and also what you want to achieve.

I don't know the chemistry between 205 and UP. AFAIK, 205 works better with rotary but still friendly with DA while UP works better with DA than rotary. Mixing them up might not work as well with rotary or DA.

However, please give it a try on a test spot. I have seen many people come up with many different way of using products with good result.

My $0.02.
        2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');