• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner safe on big chrome wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner safe on big chrome wheels?

I have hot rims polish, but that requires me to take my rim color inserts off and I don't want to have to do that every time I wash my car. Was wondering if it was safe to use the Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner to wipe my wheels down in-between polishes.

Some pics: ( Probably not your guys style.)

Re: Is Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner safe on big chrome wheels?

I don't see why not, Gold Class is as gentle as you're probably ever going to find in a soap. It's pH neutral and shouldn't cause any problems.

Comment

^^ I agree. Just make sure that the wheels are cool to the touch before washing them down.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Gold class is a very soft car wash and is perfectly safe for chrome. Chrome is actually a lot stronger than many people think.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

100% safe.

Comment

Thanks guys, just did it and it worked great. Gave them a nice shine too.

Comment

Just to be clear anyone reading through this thread too quickly:

Given "to wipe my wheels down" be sure to mix the Gold Class Shampoo with the correct amount of water first.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');