• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Aluminum Cargo Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Aluminum Cargo Trailer

About a year ago we bought a 20' x 8' cargo trailer. The siding is black painted aluminum held on with silver rivots. The paint looks very thin. We use it to haul our quads to the dunes. The previous owner was nice enough to add some minor scratches here and there and some road chips on the front end. This trailer does get used, but I would like to keep it as nice as possible. It has some stickers and manufacturer labels on it too, that I would like to remove before we add our own personalization to it. So, I need some advice!

Some of the labels are pretty old and brittle. What is the best way to remove these without warping the metal and ruining the paint?

Since the paint is so thin, what is the safest way to polish out the scratches?

Since the aluminum siding expands and contracts with the temperature, I don't think it's possible to repaint the front end? Any ideas on making it look a little cleaner/newer?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Re: Black Aluminum Cargo Trailer

Wow! No advice? Should I post this in a different section?

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');