• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird dropping etching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird dropping etching

Wondering what process to use to get it out. Also scraped at it with fingernail and seems like the clear is coming off?

Re: Bird poop etching

How long has it been on the paint?
    I wouldn't suggest continuing to scrape it.. If you have some UQD, spray some on a clean MF Towels and place the towel over the spot and let it sit and soak into the poop.
    It should soften it up to the point that you can "gently" pinch the rag between 2 fingers and pinch it into the rag.
    If it's like pigeon or crow or a healthy LARGE bird that obviously just had a large meal.... let it sit an extra while.

Hopefully it hasn't been on there too long. My body guy says these things come back to haunt you later on down the line if let sit too long, even if it looks like it's all off when you work on it.

Comment

Re: Bird dropping etching

What color is your paint? How long was the bird poop left there? Do you mean that the paint is chipping off with your fingernail? That's not good.

To remove bird drop etchings, you need a good paint cleaner such as Ultimate Compound. Apply it with a foam applicator pad and concentrate on the affected area.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

When removing, don't wipe it. Birds have sand in their droppings (apparently aiding their digestion or just a by-product of finding food) which won't be kind to your paint.
        2016 Acura ILX

Comment

Its dark mocha metallic. Was out of town so it could have sat a maximum of 2 days. Some off the clear seem like it came of in a spot. I think i am going to use sum touch up clear over it. I will definitly uc to see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');