• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groupon, Living Social on and on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon, Living Social on and on....

I have run these type programs in the past (When we were slow) and I have NEVER had anything good come from them. I want to know if anyone out there has had any luck with them??? Mainly have you found that customers are willing to return and pay full price? Or, do they call back begging for the same deal?
    San Diego Car Detailing
    http://thesocalway.com/

Re: Groupon, Living Social on and on....

I've heard the same from others. I only have a Yelp deal and that seems to bring in the customers just fine. My deal is a one time only so returne customers pay full price. If they begg for a deal I adjust my services to what they want to pay. I'm in business to make my customers happy.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I have heard many of the same stories from people who use Groupon, LivingSocial, etc.. Many of those customers are simply trying to save a buck, and it doesn't usually turn out to be too great a deal for you. Usually 50% off and then there's a roughly 50% revenue share, so your only making 25% of what you would if you found the customer on your own and they paid full price.

I would also second Yelp.com. That site single-handedly keeps my schedule packed, and if you want to run deals on there, you get to pick the deal and keep 100% of the revenues. Just my .02
      Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

They are a parasite don't ever do business with any deal site. Yelp is cool cause its free. You are going to get biz cheaper with a good website thats optomized and a solid adwords campaign
        Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Those Groupon deals are the worst thing to ever happen to the Auto Detailing industry. People who buy those things are people who NEVER detail their cars. And when these deals come around the drive thru car washing people come out in droves. Then to top it all of, they want the service and they want it now. I sold 1000 in one day and it almost put me out of business. I had 347 phone calls in the first hour. My yelp page took a beating. Then you go out to do the cars and they are the worst things you have ever seen. I'd say about 80% of the cars haven't been cleaned in over a year, they always have pets, smoke and 3 or more kids. 50% of them are mini vans or large trucks. Then when you try to set them up for their next service, the question is, do I get the same price? and when you say no they say, ok then I will call you when I need you.

I hate those programs!!!!
            San Diego Car Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Showmob View Post
              They are a parasite don't ever do business with any deal site. Yelp is cool cause its free. You are going to get biz cheaper with a good website thats optomized and a solid adwords campaign
              Agree 1000000%
              San Diego Car Detailing

Comment

"Those Groupon deals are the worst thing to ever happen to the Auto Detailing industry...."

Luckly I read my competions reviews and a whole bunch of customers gave bad reviews reguarding their Group-rip off- deal.
                I would never discount my services so low.
                Groupon calls me every month, I finaly had to speak to some higher ups to get them to stop calling me and they we're so shocked that I didn't want anything to do with them. Just shows you that they don't care who sighns up, or that they don't know there customers well.
                Detailers are usually one guy trying to make a living at a hobby they turned into a business. Detailers are not big companys willing to hand out their services for free.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

They are really bad deals for small businesses.
                  Afterglow-detailing

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');