• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110v2 repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110v2 repair?

I purchased a G110v2 from ADS a few years ago. The DA started turning on and off by itself a little over 2 months ago. ADS suggested replacing the brushes which still look brand new.

I took the DA out this morning and it immediately started turning on/off with the switch on. I wiggled the power cord at the end of the DA (next to the speed switch) and it tuned back on. I played with it a while and when I push the cord toward the machine, the power comes on. I let go of the cord and the power is off.

There is obviously a short in the cable. Has there been a recall or upgrade from Meguiar's concerning a short in the power cable? Is there anyone that can repair the DA? I purchased this DA due to Meguiar's name and reputation. I may have 40 hours of use on this DA. I am dissapointed!

Any comments, options, suggestions?

Thank you,
    James

This is a known problem. Send it back to Meguiars for replacement. I sent mine back and got a brand new one sent back. Excellent customer service experience.

Comment

Re: G110v2 repair?

call or email customer service they will do what they can for you they have great service

Comment

I sent Customer Service an email.

Thank you, James

Comment

I sent an email to customer service on the 22nd and still no reply. I'll give it a few more days.

Comment

Just give them a call, 1-800-347-5700. Any day 'cept Sunday.

Bill

Comment

Thank you Bill. I found a repair thread on AutoGeek.net and took care of it last night. It was out of warranty by atleast a year. It would be nice if Meguiar's had a repair facility available.

James

Comment

Glad you found 'that' thread (I think I know which one you mean)...has all the answers.

Bill

Comment

This started happening to mine this morning.

I have the Australian Model.

It's out of warranty, was there a recall because of this problem?

Comment

It could be short in the wire, it was a known problem, and if it turns off and on when the power cord is in different positions, then that is probably the issue. The short usually happens in the cord right next to where it connects to the machine. I simply cut the cord a little shorter and moved everything in. I lost about 6 inches of power cord but it has worked fine ever since and you have to use an extension cord either way, so the loss in length was no big deal.

Just like others on here mentioned though, if nothing else, call customer service and they can probably help you through some issues.
                    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I called Meguires in Australia and they were less than helpful!

They said, we have stopped selling them and have no parts.

Looks like I have to chuck it in the bin.

A $300 lesson about Meguires products.

They said if I wanted to try replacement bushes I would have to search for them by going to power tool repairers to find any that might fit!

I have to travel 560k to do that as I live in the country.

Bloody pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does it feel like its shorting out when you use it? If so its probably just the power and is a relatively easy fix as I mentioned earlier in this thread, definitley don't just chuck it.
                        Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Originally Posted by BillE Simply OUTSTANDING! Your write-up is REALLY gonna help those who have had their V2s poop out. Be sure you give your pup an

This should help you! don't send it for repair do it yourself.

And if you can't handle the repair yourself i suggest asking a friend/family.

It look like an easy fix.

Comment

That thread is exactly what I was referring to, I just didn't have the time to write it out, and those pictures probably help out a lot. In fact, that would have probably helped me a little to when I changed out mine; I'll have to make a mental note of it for future reference if I ever need to do the fix again.
                            Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Very easy to fix if the cord is shorting out. It took me about an hour.

James

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');