• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for Cleaning Between Buttons, knobs, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Cleaning Between Buttons, knobs, etc.

Detailing businesses often do an amazing job of cleaning between buttons, switches, and knobs on the dash and door panels, I was wondering what's a good product to use to do that at home. I've seen brushes advertised for this to brush off the dust and grime, but wanted to see if any of you had experience using these.

I've got a duster for the dash and used products on those open areas, but the hard to reach spots in between stuff has always been a tough one for me. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

An air compressor typically is what gets it so clean. But you have to be careful in the delicate areas. That's where brushes and q tips come in handy.

I never soak up those areas with cleaner either. Maybe a little on the brush if need be

Comment

Re: Recommendations for Cleaning Between Buttons, knobs, etc.

Assorted foam paint brushes and a little QID.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

One thing I found for using AFTER all the grime and grunge has been removed, is to use the smallest Swifter (on its' mating handle). Those silly things **** up dust like a magnet.

Bill

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll try those suggestions out on my car soon.

Comment

q tips and small brush

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');