• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which order should I use these products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which order should I use these products?

Hello guys,

I own a 2006 honda civic, the paint looks dull and has swirl marks all over, as far as I know the car has never been detailed, only washed through its entire liftime and I wanna refresh its overall looks, probably even make it showroom quality.

As far as the products I got these:
    - 2x microfiber cloths
    - 4x applicator pads
    - meg ultimate compound
    - meg ultimate polish
    - meg liquid cleaner wax
    - meg scratch x 2.0

And I have access from a friend to but prefer not to use the ones below, unless u guys think its nessesary:
    -Turtle wax ice synthetic wax
    -Turtle wax ice detailer

As I stated before the car has never been detailed before, and I want to give it a completely amazing finish but I don't know in what order I should use the products above, so any help will be very appreciated!! I will also post pictures of the before/after so that hopefully this will help other people too.

PS: i have a tub of meguire's rubbing compound, can it remove the yellow oxidation and scratches on headlights?

Re: In which order should I use these products?

Originally posted by mmk92 View Post
    Hello guys,

I own a 2006 honda civic, the paint looks dull and has swirl marks all over, as far as I know the car has never been detailed, only washed through its entire liftime and I wanna refresh its overall looks, probably even make it showroom quality.

As far as the products I got these:
    - 2x microfiber cloths
    - 4x applicator pads
    - meg ultimate compound
    - meg ultimate polish
    - meg liquid cleaner wax
    - meg scratch x 2.0

And I have access from a friend to but prefer not to use the ones below, unless u guys think its nessesary:
    -Turtle wax ice synthetic wax
    -Turtle wax ice detailer

As I stated before the car has never been detailed before, and I want to give it a completely amazing finish but I don't know in what order I should use the products above, so any help will be very appreciated!! I will also post pictures of the before/after so that hopefully this will help other people too.

PS: i have a tub of meguire's rubbing compound, can it remove the yellow oxidation and scratches on headlights?
    ScratchX 2.0 can be used for spot scratch/defect removal, but since you have Ultimate Compound which is more aggressive than ScratchX 2.0, you can pretty much keep the scratchX 2.0 in your trunk for future paint "accidents"

Supposing the defects are real bad, you start with the most aggressive product:

1. Ultimate COmpound for really deep defects
    2. Ultimate Polish-further refines any hazing that may be left by the Ultimate Compound, and will add more depth due to the polishing oils in it
    3. Ideally, you want to protect with Meguiar's wax (ultimate, NXT 2.0, Gold Class Carnauba Plus), not that TW is a bad product. But since you have it already, protect with Turtle Wax Ice wax
    4. TW Ice detailer for light dust removal or sprayed after a good car wash.

Option 2

Ultimate Compound
    Cleaner wax (cleans, polishes, protects)
    Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic wax
    maintain with the Ice detailer

As for the tub of megs rubbing compound, it may remove the yellow oxidation, but it will require more effort since it's not designed for that purpose. If it works, then good. If not, there are other megs kits that can deal with real heavy oxidation.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
      ScratchX 2.0 can be used for spot scratch/defect removal, but since you have Ultimate Compound which is more aggressive than ScratchX 2.0, you can pretty much keep the scratchX 2.0 in your trunk for future paint "accidents"

Supposing the defects are real bad, you start with the most aggressive product:

1. Ultimate COmpound for really deep defects
      2. Ultimate Polish-further refines any hazing that may be left by the Ultimate Compound, and will add more depth due to the polishing oils in it
      3. Ideally, you want to protect with Meguiar's wax (ultimate, NXT 2.0, Gold Class Carnauba Plus), not that TW is a bad product. But since you have it already, protect with Turtle Wax Ice wax
      4. TW Ice detailer for light dust removal or sprayed after a good car wash.

Option 2

Ultimate Compound
      Cleaner wax (cleans, polishes, protects)
      Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic wax
      maintain with the Ice detailer

As for the tub of megs rubbing compound, it may remove the yellow oxidation, but it will require more effort since it's not designed for that purpose. If it works, then good. If not, there are other megs kits that can deal with real heavy oxidation.
      Thanks for the quick reply! This is very helpful but i have a couple of questions,
      Does the cleaner wax have a wax within itself?
      If it doesnt, do you think this order is good?
      -wash
      -ultimate compound
      -ultimate polish
      -cleaner wax
      -tw wax

Your help is very appreciated

Comment

btw I am applying it by hand, but with a lot f ebow grease

Comment

Yes, the cleaner/wax has wax in it.

I tend to look at:

Wash
          Clay
          Cleaner/Wax
          Wax

for a quick detail that covers all the steps. Or for more of a 'full' detail:

Wash
          Clay
          Clean/Polish as ffboy laid out
          Wax
          Wax
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Yes, the cleaner/wax has wax in it.

I tend to look at:

Wash
            Clay
            Cleaner/Wax
            Wax

for a quick detail that covers all the steps. Or for more of a 'full' detail:

Wash
            Clay
            Clean/Polish as ffboy laid out
            Wax
            Wax
            I can't get a hold on any clay bars at the moment, I was hoping to fnd the optimal steps for an overall good finish using what i have stated above

Comment

Clay bars will give optimum results, but if you have no clay at the moment, it wouldn't harm if you don't clay before using ultimate compound. You can just Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, then Wax. You will still get great shine anyway. If the contaminants aren't as heavy, Ultimate Compound can be strong enough to remove them.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');