• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Ultimate Quik Det. when ran out of Quik det for claybar. Can this damage paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Ultimate Quik Det. when ran out of Quik det for claybar. Can this damage paint?

Can using the ultimate quick detailer instead of the quick detailer mess up the paint?

I used it on my black car tonight after i ran out of the quick detailer.
    The light in my garage wont let me see if I damaged the paint but I noticed one of my microfiber towels i had had ALOT more black color on it than the others.

If it can damage it... can it take the paint OFF the car?
    Or would there just be scratches?

If it can damage the paint... WHY and HOW could it damage the paint?

Thanks!

Re: Used Ultimate Quik Det. when ran out of Quik det for claybar. Can this damage pai

Nope, the only real way clay can damage paint is if you use it after it's been dropped or if you clay a car thats absolutely covered in dirt, dust, other crud on the car.

Using UQD for claying is not recommended because it's too slick for claying, not because it will damage paint. It would just cost more, and UQD is pricier than the original quick detailer. If you want to be more cost effective, try out Detail d155 last touch detailer. It's available in gallon size, can be dilluted 1:1 for claying, 100% for regular instant detailing.

Comment

Re: Used Ultimate Quik Det. when ran out of Quik det for claybar. Can this damage pai

Ahhh ok.

Well after I saw all that black on the towel I was poopin my pants to say the least lol.
      I guess it may have been because the back of the car was still dirty after using the do it yourself car wash here... maybe especially the top of the car which I did lastly.
      But I did wash the car pretty well before I clayed. I just clayed hours later as the car was kept in the garage and my bad back needed a break after washing before I could clay it.
      I did about a quarter of the GT500 with it.
      I also heard the ultimate could break the clay down and wondered if THAT could cause scratching or the paint to come off.
      I'll probably pick up a bottle of the regular quick tom and go over the part I did with the Ultimate.

Thanks for the help.
      This car is my BABY and I have dreamed of owning a Shelby since I was young and I'm in my 30's now so it's definitely my dream car and something
      I want to keep as beautiful as possible.... and black paint is HARD to keep clean hahaha.
      Also... if others differ on the answer to this and think it can damage the paint please don't be shy to post.

Thanks so much ffboy!

Comment

I haven't tried UQD for claying and don't plan to do so.. Too valuable for me and read some threads about trying to use it. The black from the towel could be any contaminant or dirt but doubtful that it's paint since many cars now are base-coat/clear coat.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');