• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on type(s) of rattle can paint to use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on type(s) of rattle can paint to use.

I am going to purchase a poly-urene air splitter that goes underneath my front bumper. It is suppose to come ready to paint.

I can only afford to do it myself with rattle cans.

The only clear-coat type of rattle can products that I can find at Lowes are Rust-Oleum described as follows:

Crystal Clear Enamel ( noted to provide a Protective Glossy Finish)

And Gloss Protective Enamel (noted to provide superior coverage and durability)

Which of these should I use??

Or should I use something else???

Also how many base and clear coats should I do????

Re: Suggestions on type(s) of rattle can paint to use.

Found the products needed at Dupli-Color.

Still need suggestions on # of coats needed

Comment

Re: Suggestions on type(s) of rattle can paint to use.

I have used the dupli color touch up can they work pretty good I would use the dupli color clear to it is probably better paint and sprays much better in my opinion than the rust oleum paint will. Providing that the splitter is primed and ready to paint i would wipe it down with a cleaner and than probably put two to three light coats of paint on and then probably there light coats of clear but also see what the paint can recommends and other people say. Polaris.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');