• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grout Sponge? Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grout Sponge? Yes or No

I have ordered the "Shmitt" but in the mean time I am temped to use a Home Depot grout sponge on my 3 day old black VW Golf.

Wait for the Shmitt or use the sponge?

thanks
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: Grout Sponge? Yes or No

Havent used a Shmitt, but if the Shmitt has a chance of being safer, its worth a few days wait.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Havent used a Shmitt, but if the Shmitt has a chance of being safer, its worth a few days wait.
      OK. And I didnt mention, this will be the new Golf's very first wash besides what those monkeys did to it at the dealer.

Comment

Maybe a dumb question but what is a "Schmitt"?

Comment

No c. Google Shmitt wash mitt.

Supposed to be the best thing to use. Ever! I'll review it.

Comment

Sweet, thanks! Looking forward to your review!

Comment

I too am interested in seeing your review on the Shmitt.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

View that thread.

I didn't like it. It didn't hold much soapy stuff. Meguiars MF is what I'm sticking with. I felt there was too much friction (common in foam mitts) to the point where it was kinda scary to rub on my paint. I didn't bother taking many pics. Took a couple of the mitt before I started but then was pressed for time.

Anyway, stick with what you already like.

Comment

That's too bad. I looked it up on google like you said and read the product description on auto geek and was hoping that you had good things to say about it. I read your other thread in the detailing 101 forum. Maybe see what you can do about removing the swirls and give it another try when it cools off a bit. Maybe the dealer just covered up already existing swirls like was suggested. As for the heat, yeah, it's been like 90-95 degrees and so humid you can hardly breathe up here too for about a month/month and a half so I feel your pain!

Comment

Great, thanks for the heads up.

I suspected it may be a gimmick. I thought it unusual to be going back to sponge/foam when most people are claiming MF to be the superior wash media these days.
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');