• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Acheiving a swirl free finish with Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Acheiving a swirl free finish with Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound

This video piggy backs on this thread: Finishing with Meguiar's M105 UCC

I felt that a video might better demonstrate the technique.

As always credit must go to where it is do. Thank you to Kevin Brown for always expanding my knowledge of machine correction. Many of the concepts that come into play with this technique come from many late night, long conversations with Mr. Brown, before I coined the term, the Kevin Brown Method. (Of which many of the techniques in this video and the linked thread are, in fact, the KBM).
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Re: Video: Acheiving a swirl free finish with Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound

Never thought of just swapping out pads like that, nor did I know about that 'trick'. Time to re-read KB's articles again.

Thanx Todd for the video.

Bill

Comment

Great KBM demonstration video, Todd.

Meguiar's SMAT products are truly amazing in both aspects: cutting and finishing.

Comment

Good video! Sounds like Vin Diesel did the narrating.

Comment

Great stuff Todd! Just curious. Do you recommend this as a better technique than M105 followed by M205 or is this just another option if you only have M105?

BTW, the priming demo is great. Picture is worth a 1000 words. Clears up any misconception on that technique.
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Great vid......
            So basically we're using a mild cutting pad or polish pad followed by a finishing pad......
            I can see myself using my GG6 & megs polishers together that way I don't have to swap pads
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
              Great stuff Todd! Just curious. Do you recommend this as a better technique than M105 followed by M205 or is this just another option if you only have M105?

BTW, the priming demo is great. Picture is worth a 1000 words. Clears up any misconception on that technique.
              I know it's an old thread but I'm very interested in knowing which would be better!

Comment

Who would have thought you could finish out with M105?

Great video Todd.
                Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
                2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
                2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');