• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lemon Pledge on a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon Pledge on a car?

I read a report of a person with a faded red paint that used Johnson Wax "Lemon Pledge" on his car before using Meg's #2 Polish and then Meg's Gold Class wax. He reports this brought the faded paint back to a gloss.

I'm wondering if he should have just skipped the Pledge, myself. Any comments on Pledge on automotive paint?

Yes, he should have skipped the Lemon Pledge. What his car's finish needed was to have the paint cleaned and then polished and then waxed, this is the proper procedures for restoring neglected and/or oxidized paint.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The use ofPledge on concors show cars immediately before and removed right after the show is how this product is used (misused) by some of us, it does add gloss to the finish albeit a very temporary one. It’s not a car care product (just like Dawn is not one either) and should not be used as one.
      JonM
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Lemon Pledge is oily, it will leave streakes all over the place, might as well use baby oil. There ar so many good spray and wipe products out their that it amazes me why anybody would want to use pledge.

Comment

This is (pledge)

Quoted from another sites "Detail Section":
          I love products like this! I use Wax-As-U-Dry and similar products that I find at Wal-Mart for use on RV/Marine. I use them right after I wash my vehicles. They always have a just waxed look and feel. I have a 1988 Honda that has seen nothing but PLEDGE furnature polish over the past 18 years. You gotta see this thing! Looks Great!

Of course I only use the best silicones an carnubas on customers cars with a "Quick Detail" type product just before they take delivery.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Sounds nutz to me!! Pledge? I have heard of it used in the wheel wells but on the paint?!

Kelly
            MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

I can imagine how great the windows would look after a rain with all that oily Pledge on them......
              www.dirtballsgarage.com

Comment

You should see the stuff they sell down here.......can you say Snake Oil

Alex
                Mandarina Racing

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');