• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Spray wax vs Meg's Final Detail (FP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Spray wax vs Meg's Final Detail (FP)

Has anyone done a comparison of these two products after applying and allowing NXT to cure. I have used the FD over cured NXT on black and it looks great and is very compatible. I plan on picking some NXT Spray Wax for my own personal testing but I am interested in others experiences.
    NXT + FD - definite gloss and depth enhancement
    NXT + NXT Spray Wax ????

Please compare results.

New England Patriots #1 again
    Last edited by blkZ28Conv; Feb 3, 2004, 12:09 PM.
    "Optically Perfect Detailer"

I haven't seen direct comparisons but, my gut feeling is that there's not really a fair comparison between the two. The reason is that they are two individual types of products meant for individual types of scenarios.

The NXT Spray Wax is meant to be more of a booster wax to add an additional amount of protection to an already existant coat of protection whereas the FD is a detailing product meaning that it's used to provide lubrication and such to remove very slight smears/smudges and dust. FD really doesn't offer much (if any) protection.

From simply a gloss enhancement perspective (which may be the only thing you're asking about), I can't really provide real insight as I've only used FD at this point in the game. I sure do love FD though!

Oh yeah, where are my manners? Welcome to meguiarsonline.com!!

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Thanks Rockpick!!
      Been lurking since the start-up but just did my 1st post.
      "Optically Perfect Detailer"

Comment

Quick question...

Is FD the pro line equivalent to QD?

Sorry for the hijack

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. T
          Quick question...

Is FD the pro line equivalent to QD?

Sorry for the hijack: cool:
          D-51 Final Detail is a quick detailer in Meguiar's Detail line of products.

It is formulated to create an extremely high gloss finish. It is targeted at Detailers, (of course), and new and used car dealerships as a quick detailer they can use to keep their showroom cars dust and fingerprint-free, and extra glossy.

Sometime early last year, I noticed there wasn’t much talk about this awesome product on the forums. So I started posting about it and sending out samples. I think a lot of people that have tried it really like it and best of all; you can purchase it in 1-gallon jugs for under $20.00 a gallon.

Here's a link to Meguiar's online store...

Final Detail by the case

But you can also find it in your neighborhood PBE stores, or automotive paint stores. If they don't have it in stock but you see other Meguiar's products on the shelves, just ask them if they will order your a gallon. In most cases, they can have it in a day or two.

Good product, smells nice too

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would not use SBW as a detailer. You need to let it dry before you wipe it off.

Like the others said, Final Detail works great over NXT.

SBW works great,especially over an existing coat of fully cured NXT. Extremely easy to use and very slick. I can't envision many contaminants sticking to paint that has NXT applied.

Yes, the SBW increases the gloss just like an extra coat of NXT.

Mike, would it be excessive to apply the SBW every two weeks or so? It is so easy to use!

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');