• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Leather Care . Marring / scratch / imprints discoloration repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Leather Care . Marring / scratch / imprints discoloration repair

hi guys,
    I need some help on how to get rid of these marks and scratches from my leather seat and door card insert
    i've already tried to revive and recondition these leather back to life using meguiar leather conditioner for the last months but still unable to get rid of these marking / scratches

Re: Need help with Leather Care . Marring / scratch / imprints discoloration repair

Its hard to tell in the pics, is the actual black surface of the leather peeled off? Or at least torn up a bit?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Not ripped or torn . Its like the leather been scratch by purse or ring too many times leaving imprint

Comment

I say it's damaged beyond repair. You can repaint it but it won't last

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Re: Need help with Leather Care . Marring / scratch / imprints discoloration repair

repaint leather? HUH

Comment

That looks a bit more like vynil to me. My leather isn't textured like that, and I know it's real leather, my dashboard pad is vynil, and has that texture thats in the picture..
            "Some say that he has a digital face, and that he has a full sized tatto of his face....on his face...all we know is, he's called The Stig!"

Comment

this is in the Lexus LS400 i don't think lexus would put fake leather.
              @_@

Comment

well thanks to the lack of help here. i tried a solution i found online. I used a heat gun to try to relax the leather and applied meguiar leather conditioner to try to remove the marring. And what do you know it worked!!!

the heat gun help relax the leather and undo any of the scratches and imprint that was done by the previous owner, I think the scratches were from previous owner's wedding ring scratching up the door card right around the handle.

Before

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Comment

Hmm.. new solution, but something to keep in mind.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wow never heard of that, nice job!

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Well, that IS something I'll keep in mind!

Whoda thunk it...

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by kenji815 View Post
                        well thanks to the lack of help here.
                        nice I was going to ad to this post but no...

DetailingByM.com

Comment

sorry off topic but I love the quote on your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by kenji815 View Post
                            well thanks to the lack of help here. i tried a solution i found online. I used a heat gun to try to relax the leather and applied meguiar leather conditioner to try to remove the marring. And what do you know it worked!!!

the heat gun help relax the leather and undo any of the scratches and imprint that was done by the previous owner, I think the scratches were from previous owner's wedding ring scratching up the door card right around the handle.

Before

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
                            Were you able to get it right? I am facing similar problem so please share the way to solve it..Waiting for reply... Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by RafaelWheeler View Post
                              Were you able to get it right? I am facing similar wedding dress problem so please share the way to solve it..Waiting for reply... Thanks in advance...
                              Still waiting for reply

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');