• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax - Black Microfiber stained all my pads + Microfiber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Liquid Wax - Black Microfiber stained all my pads + Microfiber

So first time detailer here (did my first 5 step - wash, clay, compound, polish, wax - took 12 hours! Compounding, even with a DA, proved to be a lot more strenuous and time consuming than I initially expected)

Anyway, the results were fantastic. I truly do love Meguiar's

However, did anyone have a problem with the BLACK microfiber towel they included with the ULW? After detailing, I put everything into a bucket with detergent (non-bleach) and water to soak everything through before putting it into the washer. When I went back, the black towel stained each and everyone one of my yellow microfibers... worst of all, the polishing pad I put in there is more black than it is tan Has anyone experienced a problem with the black ULW microfiber staining everything else? I just threw them together to wash just like I would any other towel.

On a different note, is the polishing pad still usable? It looks fine, smells clean, just looks very bad for the car. Might be a silly question, but better safe than sorry.

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax - Black Microfiber stained all my pads + Microfiber

Pics post-washing with Dawn.

Looks like a cow more than a $10 polishing pad!

Comment

That happened once to me.
      Just make sure to wash with like color 1st few times and your good. I recently updated all my microfiber to cobra and they are awesome. Once you go premium you never go back.

Comment

There is a difference between dirty and stained. Anything stained black is still clean and fine to use, it's just a different color.
        And just like with clothes, separate your colors and whites.

Comment

I've seen this frequently with colored MF's and many were pretty expensive high quality towels. I had some blues and some yellows that turned to green. Doesn't affect their performance but I asked myself if I wanted to ever use a new MF on pale or light colored upholstery. Short answer was no. Washing the towels a few times prior to use improves the situation but I still won't use them on light colored upholstery, vinyl or leather. I stick with white 100% cotton toweling for those applications where staining could be an issue.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');