• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail 2004 Java Black Pearl WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail 2004 Java Black Pearl WRX

Hi all, I just registered here but looked over a few posts and now I have a few questions. I have a 2004 JBP WRX, like the title says, and I need to do a pretty full detail. Here is what I have made a list of to do to my car:

Wash
    Griot's garage clay bar
    Wash
    Step 1 DCS Paint cleaner
    Step 2 DCS Polish

What do you think of the first part? Now I am stuck with the wax part. I race this car so it doesn't need to be absoutely flawless, but I need a wax(s) that will protect my car as well as make it look good. I currently have the Gold glass paste wax at my house, as well as all of the products listed above. But I have read that the Step 3 DCS Carnauba wax is the best protectant, then NXT.

Do you think I should buy the Step 3, put a coat of that on, then put a coat of gold class on and call it good. Or should I buy the NXT too and put a coat of Step 3 on, coat of NXT, and a coat of Gold class? Again I value protection marginally over appearance, but with the combination I am looking for both.

The main reason for doing this is to get rid of some swirl marks that currently inhabit my paint. There are not many, but enough. Not very deep, but noticeable when sun is on it as well. Do you think this process will work to get rid of the swirl marks, protect my car, and make it look great?

Thanks,
    Matt

Here's my opinion:

Wash
    Griot's garage clay bar
    Wash
    Step 1 DCS Paint cleaner -> switch to #9 for the swirls
    Step 2 DCS Polish
    NXT
    NXT again
    DC3 or GC

NXT is without doubt the best protecting wax you've listed, and will also attack swirl marks better, if you missed any with #9.

Comment

So I should use #9 instead of the Paint cleaner? Will it still clean my paint of like a couple of water spots as well as swirls???

Also which wax do you recommend, GC or DC3?

Anybody else have input?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');