• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw Chix left in trunk for 2 days in 100 heat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Chix left in trunk for 2 days in 100 heat!!!

Got a desperate call on day to get the smell of death out of a Lexus SC430, one of my favorite cars. So I was sorry to hear of this.
    So I got an Ozone Machine and met her after work.
    The evidence was disposed of but the smell was defiantly all over the car.
    I put the OZ Mech. in the trunk since the body was in there. Mech ran for 14 hrs. I ran it this long because the customer was all in a panic and I wanted to make sure there was no smell left.
    The passenger area was treated for 8 hrs.
    I'm happy to say no further treatment was needed, except some air freshener and the Ozone aired out.

Now on to the gross part.
    I was curious about how strong the smell was when she opened her trunk. So I luckily forgot about some chix wings in my fridge that went bad. So to convey the smell to my fellow MOLers I bagged and hug them on my patio!
    EWWWWW! the smell was horrible! AND my mask didn't block the smell.
    Here's som pics of this disgusting job

The wings before hanging

Hanging in the heat, yummy!

The discussting results

The mask didn't help much but I was glad I had it on

DetailingByM.com

Re: Raw Chix left in trunk for 2 days in 100 heat!!!

You hung some chicken wings outside your own home in the heat to experience such a horrible and putrid smell?

Comment

^^^^^ yes I know it sounds crazy but I wanted to understand how well an OZ Mech. can work.
      And I can say with confidences to my customers that I can get any smell out of there car, even rotting carcases of meat! lol.
      and it's a different kind of post and not just another "how do I remove scratches?" post.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

very interesting, I would have never thought to "try to replicate the smell" If I dealt with something that gross, I think I would want to try to remove the smell from memory as quickly as possible. But like you said, you can now confidently tell your customers the extent that you can (are willing to) take care of when it comes to bad odors. Props for getting it all taken care of for her.
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');