• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Equivalent to Meguiar's 5 Step Paint Care Cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Equivalent to Meguiar's 5 Step Paint Care Cycle?

We all know Meguiar's 5 Step Paint Care Cycle is an easy to follow reference for keeping our paint looking great, however, is there something similar for interior care? After all, we spend majority of our time inside our vehicles

As of now, I currently keep a bottle of Quik Interior Detailer and a few microfibers for cleaning dust. What else should I do to both keep the inside clean and looking great?

Meg's glass cleaner, Meg's APC+ for any stains in carpet or seats, Meg's leather cleaner and conditioner if you have leather. I keep a small dust pan and brush in all my cars, and brush the seats periodically.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Re: Interior Equivalent to Meguiar's 5 Step Paint Care Cycle?

Well, the basic idea is to have a clean surface, then protect it, then maintain it.

At least on the plastic/vinyl, you could use something like APC for a deeper cleaning, then use one of the interior protectants. Then the QID for maintaining.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If I were to put it into steps I'd go with the following.

1. Vacuum. Logical first step. Gotta get all the lose dirt out.

2. Deep Clean. All inclusive step for every surface.

3. Repair. If necessary.

4. Protect. Includes leather conditioning, scotchgarding, interior protectant.

5. Maintenance. Dusting, quik detailer, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ctgrenade View Post
          If I were to put it into steps I'd go with the following.

1. Vacuum. Logical first step. Gotta get all the lose dirt out.

2. Deep Clean. All inclusive step for every surface.

3. Repair. If necessary.

4. Protect. Includes leather conditioning, scotchgarding, interior protectant.

5. Maintenance. Dusting, quik detailer, etc.
          Yup, it should be done that way, starting with vacuum.

Comment

How bout :
            -1. Deep cleaning to door panels, dash, seats (leather), center console etc. via brush and cleaner (designated cleaner for surface[leather, vinyl, etc.]) ; steam ; mf and cleaner and all other methods for cleaning
            -2. Flush or wipe down all surfaces using a mf and water (clean and warm just my personal preference) in a bucket to rinse towel. this is to remove any possible residue left from the cleaner on the surface
            -3. Apply dressings and protectants leather conditioner , scotch guard , dressing to dash , door panels , etc.
            -4. Vacuum mats and carpets and if you are to shampoo the carpets do that too. I take care of carpets last cause I tend to step inside the car when cleaning the center console and dash and I get footprints on the mats
            -5. Clean the windows at the end cause they get all of the overspray

I always remove mats and any loose items such as paper toys books anything and everything else and trash first.Then I blowout all air vents etc. with air compressor tool on one hand and a couple of brushes on the other This basically what i do

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');