• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

soft wash gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft wash gel

has anybody here tried the soft wash gel(pink bottle) i wash frequently int he awrmer months and want soemthing gentle i have the nxt wash and gold class i was just wondering if the soft wash would be better for me any advice is appreciated

I have used all 3 washes, and I dont see why you wouldnt want to continue with the NXT or Gold Class. Neither one of these washes will strip the wax or harm your finish. I have had nothing but excellent results with NXT and GC wash.

Comment

Re: soft wash gel

Originally posted by mopar
      has anybody here tried the soft wash gel(pink bottle) i wash frequently int he awrmer months and want soemthing gentle i have the nxt wash and gold class i was just wondering if the soft wash would be better for me any advice is appreciated
      The last time that I used Soft Wash Gel, I didn't care for it...It has been improved since then, but I like Gold Class pretty good now, so I guess I'll stick with it.
      r. b.

Comment

Soft Wash Gel used to sheet water really well but didn't have much suds. It was reformulated for more suds so now it does not sheet water as well. Overall it does a good job though I would have preferred the higher sheeting action.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

my problem is being able to find the stuff.nxt still isnt avialable where i live and probly wont be this year and gold class wash has to orderd in .so right now soft wash gel is the easiest for me to get and nxt and gold class are almost gone

Comment

Gold Class shampoo is now available in Canada at Canadian Tire. (Big jugs only, as far as I've seen.)
            Haven't tried the NXT wash.
            The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

I've used two car washes: Armor All (blue liquid), and the Soft Wash Gel. The SWG was superior, in that it was slicker. Also smells really good.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but . . . .

Comment

Gold Class is supposed to be the gentlest wash Meguiars makes, if that helps.

But you can also under-dilute a bit as well if you want to be extra safe. I think most people would use 4 ounces of soap and 4 gallons of water, throw in a 5th ounce of soap if you want.
                Last edited by Murr1525; Jul 1, 2006, 12:34 PM.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i was kind of curious as well. the pepboys near me has it on clearance...

Comment

I used to use the Soft Gel all the time (but it's been a long time). I remember it being nice. The problem with it for me now is it's so expensive relative to the other consumer washes.

Comment

Soft Wash Gel seems to have been relegated to "sleeper" status within the past few years. I must admit that it is a fine product that I used extensively when I first started detailing, but I've since moved on to NXT and Gold Class washes, which are available in larger sizes and offer more "bang for the buck".

Does anyone still know if most retail stores even carry the product? I remember Pep Boys was the store that I bought it from, but I haven't seen it there in quite awhile.
                      Jeff

Comment

I've seen it on the shelf somewhere lately but I don't remember where.

I might have to pick some up "for old times sake."

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc

I might have to pick some up "for old times sake."

I was just thinking the same thing!
                          Jeff

Comment

Just got some Soft wash gel from Part Source, and it was cheap but very very good!

you can get this gift bag from part source for around $17 and it has Hot Rims, Hot tire shine, Soft wash gel, Gold Class liquid, and QD!
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord
                            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks, sneek! Sounds like a fabulous deal!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');