• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products and techniques for swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products and techniques for swirls

Hey guys

Very new to this forum, I have found it rather usefull, I need some advice 4 days ago I bought a brand new ford falcon XR6 it is silhouette (black) and it looks like the dealer has washed it with a bath towel It has swirl marks all over it they are not overly bad and they are not that deep although I can see them in direct sunlight and I want them gone.
    My question is what products do I need to use I have seen a lot of good reviews on swirl X?
    I am planning on doing it by hand as I dont really have access to a buffer so what cloths do I need to use with the products and what technique do I use when trying to remove these marks and after they are gone what washing technique do I use so they don't come back

I am very unhappy that my brand new car came away from the dealer like this but I don't want to take it back to them so they can hide the marks and make it worse then what it already is, i would just rather handle them myself so I know that it is done, I don't want to hide them I want to make them gone if that is possible
    i am in Australia if that helps anyone.

Thanks you in advance

Re: Products and techniques for swirls

Well you can certainly try swirl x on a foam hand pad and see what you come up with. Make sure not to use your finger tips so you don't create pressure points that can mar the surface more, use the flat part of your fingers and apply even pressure working a 1x1 area or so. You put it on the pad and work it till it gets thin but is still wet then wipe with a microfiber towel. As far as keeping it looking good, use a good quality soap like Gold Class Wash, the 2 bucket method with grit guards, a soft microfiber wash mitt and microfiber to dry. Also maybe check out the "5 Step Paint Care" article to get started in the right direction. Welcom to the forum too BTW! Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Comment

Sorry to hear they prepped your vehicle so poorly. As stated above, try purchasing SwirlX as well as some foam applicator pads to try a "test spot." If you do not see results, you could try Ultimate Compound, which is more aggressive.

Following Meguiar's 5 Step Paint Care Cycle, you should then follow with a polish (such as Ultimate Polish) and finish with a wax (like Ultimate Wax or NXT Tech Wax 2.0). Ultimate Quick Detailer will remove light dust and fingerprints, while Ultimate Quick Wax protects and provides slickness/gloss.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Doing a whole car by hand, I would say you may want to buy the Ult. Compound at the same time so you have it....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just did my black car today. I had some of the same light surface scratches. So after washing the car, i used Ultimate Compound, this took care of the light scratches and surface marks, followed by Ultimate Polish, a must if you have a black car, also takes car of light swirl marks while deepening the shine, then Ultimate wax. Start early if you are doing it all by hand, I used the DA and it still took a while. Good Luck, if you are not totally satisfied with your results, a DA would be the next step.

Comment

Greatt tips & guides here......check out my thread too.....has DESO too (Dealer enchanced swirl option) New Black Honda
            Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz, Oz Unity,OzRedux64,BlackOpal

Comment

Thanks for all the Replys, I have given the dealer a call and he said to book it in so they can look at it he said that they could cut and polish it back a few times and it should make it better, I am thinking of the whole they might make it worse type thing, should I just spend time doing it myself? Or take it back to them and hope for the best

Comment

If you have the time available and are willing to do some work, it will be best to do-it-yourself. They created the issues in the first place--and sold it to you in that condition--so it seems like a bit of a gamble to allow them to handle your paint again.

Comment

I use a DA for 3 dealers out here cause their car wash people seem to do this to most of the new cars. Reds and Blacks are the ones they call me out to take care of. I went back to the car wash bays and they just have a big tub with dirty water and rags. Rags for cars and rags for tires and undercarriages, all in one tub (this is their first mistake) For the blacks, I use a DA and if I still need some help, I will wax it with Midnight Special. Combination of these work miracles. For the reds, I just use the DA. You will be very pleased with this machine and the products that go with it. Dealerships will call out a pro for the squeaky wheel. If you are ambitious and want the experience, do it yourself, it's great therapy. If you paid a lot of money and think that they should get it right, call them out on it. Good Luck on this.

Bernice

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');