• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Paint Woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Paint Woes.

Hi,

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram. I have been taking it to the triple wax to wash it but definitely not weekly. Last July I moved and at the end of August noticed strange specs on the truck that dont wash off. I had no clue what to do. I found Autogeek which led me to this forum after reading an article about contaminates being trapped in wax which is why they dont wash off.

Ok. Its a big truck. Not doing this by hand so I bought an Orbital Polisher, Meguiars Wash n Wax and Meguiars Cleaner Wax. Even with the polisher it was rough going to get rid of the spots. Spent 2 hours on the roof today. Was thinking about moving up to ultimate compound and a finishing wax for this job and after this using the cleaning wax. This experience is an incentive to maintain better.

Direction appreciated. The last time I waxed a vehicle it was my Dads about 35 years ago.

Damselfly352: I also have a white car, so I feel your pain. When I'm in the mood for/my car needs a "full-blown" detail; this is my typical process...

1. Wash (Ultimate Wash & Wax)
    2. Clay Bar
    3. Quick Detailer wipedown
    4. Ultimate Compond (if needed)
    5. Ultimate Polish
    6. White Wax
    7. Ultimate Paste Wax

To expound upon steps 5-7: my logic is polish the "raw" paint, then the White Wax (cleaner wax) is the liason between the polish and the carnuba wax.

Hope this helps.
    --
    Frank Kecseti
    Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

Re: White Paint Woes.

Originally posted by Damselfly352 View Post
      Hi,

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram. I have been taking it to the triple wax to wash it but definitely not weekly. Last July I moved and at the end of August noticed strange specs on the truck that dont wash off. I had no clue what to do. I found Autogeek which led me to this forum after reading an article about contaminates being trapped in wax which is why they dont wash off.

Ok. Its a big truck. Not doing this by hand so I bought an Orbital Polisher, Meguiars Wash n Wax and Meguiars Cleaner Wax. Even with the polisher it was rough going to get rid of the spots. Spent 2 hours on the roof today. Was thinking about moving up to ultimate compound and a finishing wax for this job and after this using the cleaning wax. This experience is an incentive to maintain better.

Direction appreciated. The last time I waxed a vehicle it was my Dads about 35 years ago.

I have two white vehicles myself, I love white.

05 Ram 1500 and 06 Jeep Liberty.

The biggest and most important thing to do is wash it correctly using a good product like Ultimate Wash and Wax then Clay Bar the whole truck (Clay Bar Kit)...

After that it should be pretty clean....

What do you mean by Orbital Polisher, what is it exactly?

Now the next step will depend on what your expectations really are and how much work you want to put into it..

Comment

Re: White Paint Woes.

Here is what I use:

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');