• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business Name Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Name Help

Hi all, I got all the equipment I need for detailing and was going to create a website. I'm still pretty stuck on creating a name though. Here's some ideas I'm trying to narrow down, but feel free to chime in if you've got better ones.

Inox Detailing: Inox is an Italian word for "stainless", pronounced like eye knocks. Just like the way it looks and sounds. Not much competition for this name either, drawback is that potential customers will have a tough time spelling it and remembering it to look me up.

Northstar Detailing: I'm in Minnesota, but there is already competition on this as there is a Northstar Detailing in the twin cities area, about 100 miles north of me. I'd rather avoid using my city or county name, because I might move to a nearby city and don't want to limit the name like that if I were to move 20 miles away.

Onyx: This is a type of mineral or rock I think, but once again I just like the way it looks and sounds like the Inox one. Same drawbacks, hard to spell and pronounce for many people, and there is an Onyx detailing somewhere in the U.S. apparently. In the internet age unfortunately it's hard to find something that isn't being used somewhere.

How about something less original, but easier? I've seen many of you go with that for simplicity and how it's going to catch a lot more on Google hits.

I think the northstar detailing is the easiest name however the business name registry will not let duplicare names within the same state. I would try to keep it simple so that people have a pre dispositioned thought of your business before you do the work. For example my business name is Showroom Mobile Automotive Detailing long name but it uses a mental image in the name to convey the quality of my work while informing them that im mobile. Hopefully this helps I would suggest names but I think you should go with what you like for your business! Just make it unique and easy to remember and it will work fine!
    Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Re: Business Name Help

WHen picking a name you want to use keywords that help you in google searches. Try to use your city name and mobile car detailing. If I could go back 7 years and do it over, I would have picked San Diego Mobile Car Detailing. People go to google and search for that exact term at least 100 times a day. When picking your name forget all the fancy ****, go for something that people will search for and they will find you.
      San Diego Car Detailing
      http://thesocalway.com/

Comment

^^^^ defanetly do a search on those names before you commit.
        People love my name, laugh when they read it and it sticks in there head. I personaly don't like my name but I'm not my customer. So be sure your customers like it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I'd like to add that Inox is not Italian for "stainless". It exists in many languages (and usually pronounced as e-nox, not eye-nox) and is an abbreviation for metals which are "inoxidisable" or non-oxidizing (and in iron, oxidizing equals rusting). Inox is therefore another word for "stainless steel".

So I wouldn't use Inox as a name, since it has no relation to "spot free".

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');