• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Insane Tire Spray OK for Trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Insane Tire Spray OK for Trim?

I often use my tire products (Trim & Tire Gel, Hot Shine foams, etc) on my Jeeps grey plastic side panels (cladding). However, the new Insane Tire Shine states that should be kept off of plastic. Does that mean it is not as versatile as the other products and should not be used on my cladding, or is it referring more to clear plastics?

While you might have used those products with some luck in the past, Insane Shine Tire Spray is directly formulated for tires, so we do not recommend using on it plastic trim. If you wish to have a aerosol product for trim, we recommend our new Exterior Trim Detailer (G-13415). This product has different drying characteristics, and it will be much easier to remove from your paint if you get overspray.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Mike. I'll keep it to the tires and look for the Trim Detailer aerosol. I appreciate the advice.

--Jim

Comment

Hexane + plastic trim =

Comment

epbcivicsi...

I am not sure what your referring to???

While there are many types of dressing available, and we do offer alot as you know, aerosol dressing have been around a long time. We do offer this type of product for our professional line, as well as, our consumer line. They are 100% safe for plastic, and deliver an awesome result is that is the type of product your looking for.

While I can't speak for other aerosol dressings made by other companies, Meguiar's only delivers top quality products.

Mike
          Mike Pennington
          Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
          Meguiar's, Inc.
          800-854-8073
          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington
            epbcivicsi...

I am not sure what your referring to???

While there are many types of dressing available, and we do offer alot as you know, aerosol dressing have been around a long time. We do offer this type of product for our professional line, as well as, our consumer line. They are 100% safe for plastic, and deliver an awesome result is that is the type of product your looking for.

While I can't speak for other aerosol dressings made by other companies, Meguiar's only delivers top quality products.

Mike
            Sorry I was referring to the hexane in the NXT insane shine. Does the trim detailer contain hexane as well?

Comment

I can't imagine using an aerosol trim dressing as it would likely get on parts of the car you don't want it on. I love #38 Tire and Trim dressing on my wife's CR-V, sort of a gel. I had to rub it in good to eliminate the chalkiness of 8 years of neglect, then wipe off the excess but it makes the body side molding and bumpers look like new, not too shiny, just right.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');