• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice

Hello, I thought my wash and wax methods were protecting my vehicles. After reading on MOL I realize I

Re: Novice

Sorry everyone computer went nuts. here is what i meant to say.
    Hello, I thought my wash and wax methods were protecting my vehicles. After reading on MOL I realize I’m missing a few steps, which leads to my confusion. There are so many products. Not sure where to post my questions, so here I go. I have a 2010 Jeep liberty, I thought I would go with the five step process on that vehicle just don't know which product line would be the most forgiving. Secondly I have a 2008 Honda civic. Next week Honda has agreed to repaint the roof due to clear coat failure (apparently a common problem in 2008). How long do I wait to wax after painting and what are the safest products to use on this vehicle? And lastly I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee sport with bad paint. That is last on my list, but would like to start getting some info as to a starting point.

Comment

Sorry everyone computer went nuts. here is what i meant to say.
      Well, thats not acceptable...

I have a 2010 Jeep liberty, I thought I would go with the five step process on that vehicle just don't know which product line would be the most forgiving.
      Well, by hand with good applicators/towels, everything is pretty forgiving.

The Ultimate Line does kind of cover everything if you want to do individual steps.

Secondly I have a 2008 Honda civic. Next week Honda has agreed to repaint the roof due to clear coat failure (apparently a common problem in 2008). How long do I wait to wax after painting and what are the safest products to use on this vehicle?
      It is good to ask the painters, but the answer should be between 30-90 days... 60 being common.

And lastly I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee sport with bad paint. That is last on my list, but would like to start getting some info as to a starting point.
      Perhaps a pic or two of all of them, or at least the bad ones would help.

But really there is nothing different for each vehicle, at least at first. Its really the same products for everything... just a matter of what you feel like doing. For instance:

1. Wash - 2 buckets, grit guards, Gold Class soap, good towels, mitt, etc.
      2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay + extra QD spray
      3. Clean/Polish - Ult. Polish for mild cleaning/polishing, Ult. Compound for stronger. UC may want followed with UP.
      4. Wax - Ult. Wax, Nxt 2.0, etc
      5. Wax

Or for a little quicker mild detail:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. ColorX
      4. Wax

6. Maintain - Ult. Quick Wax is nice after future washes, or while drying.

You can also look at something like T.R.I.X. if needed for a bit stronger cleaning before claying. But yeah, just in general it is all pretty much the same.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr1525, i will get a few pics. Might be a few days, kids playing sports and tournaments this weekend. One other question what product do i use on the exterior black plastic trim?

Comment

Usually Ult. Protectant/Ult. Black is a good place to start. Some trims can be a bit trickier than others. Just work them in a little when you apply them at least, and can try to wipe off any excess after a few minutes.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');