• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice on swirl and scratch removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some advice on swirl and scratch removal

One product that I highly recommend having on hand is #205 Polish.

I've used virtually every product under the sun from Mequiars over the past 25 years. All worked very well, but some later slightly disapponted by not lasting quite as long as I would've liked. That I felt many were more ideally suited for the show car circuits, versus the daily driver.

But I always liked #20 Poly Sealant. Enough that I bought it by the case.

That was the past, and it appears meguiars has stepped into the 21st century big time with a line up of truly exceptional products.

#205 works any way you want to use it, and works phenominally by hand. This is the product you want to have on hand for tight areas, mirrors, around door handles, etc. You cannot mess up with this product by hand! Rub to your heart's content, in any direction, and the easy off is a big bonus.

When you wipe off, you will be treated to a gorgeous pristine brillance on your paint. Meguiars hit it out of the park with this product!
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
      ^^^ ?, using Scratch X to remove swirls? That's strange?
      I was reluctant in use Scratch X 2.0 for remove swirls. One says that it for small areas, other that could mess the paint... but I used in my GM Zafira (Brazilian) and got very good results. Now I go to use UC in other projects. The Scratch X make your results after three applications...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD51 View Post
        One product that I highly recommend having on hand is #205 Polish.

But I always liked #20 Poly Sealant. Enough that I bought it by the case.

#205 works any way you want to use it, and works phenominally by hand. This is the product you want to have on hand for tight areas, mirrors, around door handles, etc. You cannot mess up with this product by hand! Rub to your heart's content, in any direction, and the easy off is a big bonus.

When you wipe off, you will be treated to a gorgeous pristine brillance on your paint. Meguiars hit it out of the park with this product!
        Mark
        Hey, Mark, great tip! I'm thinking that the #s are only for pro use with machine. I'm new in this universe, so, please tell me: the step of "pure polishing" can make for the #205? Or would be #205 > #20? I make my first detailing like this: wash > clay > Scratch X 2.0 (3x) > Wax (NXT). So, I "missed" the "pure polishing" step, but I have doubts about which product to use. I thinkin in the UC. Would be good?

Comment

Wash
          Clay if needed
          Cleaner/Polish - #205 or Ult. Polish
          Wax
          Wax

Would be a good detail.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr, please, why #205 or UP and not UC? Or whatever? I'm beginning and the costs of Meguiar's products make that I have them pace to pace... Then, now I have the UC... Next acquisition: #205!

Comment

Well, they all have a purpose... but just want to buy the things that are usefull to you, and save the less important things to try later.

#205/UP are mild cleaner/polishes, for light cleaning, minor swirl removal by machine, and polishing oils. These are what you would want for regular details.

UC / #105 are stronger cleaners for defect removal, and can be used by hand or DA.

UP is a little milder than #205, and UC is a little milder than #105.

If you were going to want to have a mild cleaner and a strong cleaner on your shelf, most people would want UC for the stronger cleaner, and then compare the price / availability of UP / #205 and pick one of them.

-------

Oh, and #20 is a cleaner/wax, like the ColorX, Cleaner/Wax, #66, White Wax, Black Wax, just so you know.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');