• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct compound / polish for plastic grill wet sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct compound / polish for plastic grill wet sand

I just painted a plastic grill with factory rattle cans. The grill is plastic, but I bought it new from dealer already painted and cleared. However it was the wrong color for my truck so I scuffed it up good, prepped it and applied paint and clear per instructions.

Instructions go on to say use 1500 wet sand to even out the clear and know down any dust etc...

Question is, once I wet sand (I've got 3M or harbor freight....difference??) what is the best meguiars products to finish?

Ive got Ultimate wax for final , and scratch x 2.0 if that would work for a compound. ?..?.

I would go with 2000 grit and M105.
    You might have an easyer time getting Ultimate Compound which us the same just less dustyer.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Re: Correct compound / polish for plastic grill wet sand

I would even suggest finishing out with some 3000 grit sand paper if you can.

Are you going to use a rotary buffer? If so I too would say M105 followed by M205 to finish out.
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by thoryamaha919 View Post
        I would even suggest finishing out with some 3000 grit sand paper if you can.

Are you going to use a rotary buffer? If so I too would say M105 followed by M205 to finish out.
        Yes, rotary buffer.

I have a couple red pads from Megs, will those work? A lot of the grill isn't going to allow the buffer access.

Comment

Originally posted by PdxRealtor View Post
          Yes, rotary buffer.

I have a couple red pads from Megs, will those work? A lot of the grill isn't going to allow the buffer access.
          So... red pad OK?

Comment

Yes a red pad will work, but wool will cut faster.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
              Yes a red pad will work, but wool will cut faster.

Cool, thanks. I do have some wool I could use.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');