• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior questions how to tell things apart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior questions how to tell things apart...

Well I have quite a few questions, you see so many different materials that interiors are made up of today so how can you tell which is which?

Like most dashes are vinyl but how can you honestly tell the difference between vinyl and leather?

Also the seats in my 99 Mustang are "leather" but how can I tell if they are real leather or not so I'm treating them propery, so far I've only used gold class leather cleaner and conditioner and thats been it. But how do I know if it is actually vinyl or fake leather?

Just like the headrest for the backseat looks leather but I'm not for sure if it is or not so any suggestions on how to distinguish which is which.

Usually the faces of your seats are leather, (the parts you come into contact with), and the rest is matching vinyl. I don't know any easy way to tell exactly which is leather and which is vinyl unless you can find a portion where you can see the side or edge of the material.

That is a tough one. Maybe someone else has some insight?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

For seats you can tell with a light feel of the material. Generally the leather is clear coated and the vinyl is just vinyl. A simple solution I found for Leather seats is to get the Detailer Leather cleaner/conditioner which can be used in vinyl also. This way I just use that one product for the whole seat.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');