• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Sealer System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leather Sealer System

In my Acura it's a texture thing. The faux leather is like silky smooth. The leather you can kind of feel the grain. Like the difference between lambskin and regular leather jacket.

Just about everything besides the FRONT (and maybe wraps around to the sides) surfaces of the seats seem to be vinyl.

Also, the leather conditioner I use doesn't seem to absorb into the fake stuff and doesn't darken it like it does to the leather. The middle of my back seat and arm rest acts like the vinyl too.
    2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
      Just about everything besides the FRONT (and maybe wraps around to the sides) surfaces of the seats seem to be vinyl.
      That seems to be my experience also. The perforated leather strip in the center of each seat is leather, definitely. It seems, on my car, that the bolsters (which your hips touch) are leather but I'm still not sure if the bolsters (where your shoulders and sides touch) are or are not leather.

Comment

Do you have a photo of what your interior looks like?
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Do you have a photo of what your interior looks like?

OK, I moved the photos to my Dropbox account, clicked here on Insert Image, cut and pasted in the link to that image, and now lets see if it worked.

Nope. Failed.

Here are the links to the three photos:

How does one use Insert Image? I.e., where you get the URL to the photos from?

Comment

The Insert image fail may have something to do with the httpS: secureconnection, don't know.

At any rate, check out http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...992#post537992 for some image insertion info.
            2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by CHammel View Post
              where you get the URL to the photos from?
              Right click on the photo and go to "Properties". Copy the URL from there and paste it into your post with [IMG] [/IMG] either side of it..
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Used the leather sealer system again today as part of my routine leather maintenance. It is the second time and I have to say that this is a great product. I actually used gold class leather & vinyl cleaner as I had used up the cleaner from the leather sealer system. It makes for a nice substitute.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hey Guz, what do you use for weekly/bi weekly maintenence while in between re applying the sealent? And based on your experience with it, are there any types of products that seem to be more ideal for maintenence than others? I've always been a fan of GC wipes for weekly maintenence and Im wondering if they would still be ideal or not with the this sealant.

Also, how do you choose to apply the sealant? Glossy or do you wipe off excess for a more matte finish? And what characteristics are noticably different with this sealant in place? How do you know it may be time to re seal? Is there a visable difference or feel that made you think it was time to re apply? Thx in advance. I'm interested to know more about this product from experienced users.

Comment

It depends. Sometimes I use just a microfiber to go over the seats to remove light dust or sometimes I spray a little quik interior detailer on a microfiber and wipe off. Either seems to work well. I'm not a fan of the wipes but if it works for you then I say keep using them. I have used this twice on my personal car with both a glossy finish and a matte finish. The finish depends on the mood I am in. With either finish I wipe off any excess product. It gives the seats a slicker feel to them with it on. I apply it every 3 months.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just used it again this weekend on my dad's leather interior for his camaro. I was out of the cleaner so I picked up a bottle of Gold Class Leather & Vinyl cleaner and followed that up with the sealer. He's good for the next few months. I highly recommend this to anyone that has leather interior. So easy to use and is very durable. Does not alter the appearance of the leather. All we need is a larger size of the sealer in the detailer or mirror glaze line.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have not used this in quite some time but I decided to use it today. I went with a different application media. Instead of a foam applicator, I used a microfiber applicator. I felt it applied more evenly and spread out better with the microfiber applicator versus the foam. I did take a photo of the darkening effect it has. I cleaned the leather prior to application. One of my favorite leather products.

99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guz, Thank you for your continued updates on using this product. I just received mine in the mail today from AG, and will be applying it tomorrow morning. I will also be putting on the New Aerosol Version of UB from my Exterior Trim. I am making sure to take photos this time.

Thank you for your helpful tests, and reviews!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');