Water Spot Remover
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Water Spot Remover

          
  1. #1
    Sr. Global Product & Training Spec Michael Stoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    21,402
    Rep Power
    1138

    Water Spot Remover




    Product Attributes:

    • Clear coat safe SMAT abrasive technology
    • Hand or machine application
    • A sprayable, multi-surface water spot remover
    • Paint, hard plastics, chrome, metal & glass
    • NOT for use on matte paint, rubber, vinyl or soft trim
    • Easy to use
    • Cleans and polishes
    • 2-in-1 product
    • The defect correction of a compound WITH the gloss enhancement of a polish

    Size:
    14 oz trigger spray
    Part Number: A3714
    MSRP: $9.99
    Michael Stoops
    Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

    Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

  2. #2
    Registered Member luc.who's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    York, Pa
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    This is awesome...cleaning my new black tundra I already have spots, looking forward to using this.

  3. #3
    Registered Member Alfisti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    A sprayable compound/polish...where have I seen that before?

    I guess the obvious question that will arise is,apart from watermarks, can it remove defects/swirls?
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

  4. #4
    Registered Member Murr1525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,176
    Rep Power
    237

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    Yes, what exactly is it able to do?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

  5. #5
    Sr. Global Product & Training Spec Michael Stoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    21,402
    Rep Power
    1138

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    A sprayable compound/polish...where have I seen that before?

    I guess the obvious question that will arise is,apart from watermarks, can it remove defects/swirls?
    Hmmm.... yes, were have we seen a sprayable compound before????

    As to the "obvious question", yes, it most certainly can remove defects and swirls. Looking at this from the perspective of "the average consumer" who has a specific need to remove water spots, a liquid compound isn't necessarily his first thought. One of our competitors in the consumer space has a water spot remover for glass only, while this new product of ours is suitable for glass, hard plastics, paint, chrome, etc. Those of you who are a bit more "in the know" when it comes to surface care (hey, you guys hang out on forums and this is your hobby so you delve much deeper into all this stuff than the average car owner does) understand where this product is coming from. While a spray delivery is a bit odd for use with a buffer, it makes perfect sense for working by hand. That's not to say you can't use this with a buffer, because you certainly can. But the thinner viscosity and the wider dispersion you get by spraying rather than pouring could very well mean that you'll get some slinging when using a buffer, but it is most certainly a viable option here.
    Michael Stoops
    Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

    Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

  6. #6
    Meguiar's Nutty detailer STRIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,218
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    Dang.... I just ordered a bottle of glass polish /CarPro from ADS
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

  7. #7
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    Looks to be another solid offering, good job!

  8. #8
    Mr Sparkle davey g-force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,309
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    This looks cool. I was toying with the idea of trying a sprayable compound...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

  9. #9
    Registered Member Alfisti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    Hmmm.... yes, were have we seen a sprayable compound before????

    As to the "obvious question", yes, it most certainly can remove defects and swirls. Looking at this from the perspective of "the average consumer" who has a specific need to remove water spots, a liquid compound isn't necessarily his first thought. One of our competitors in the consumer space has a water spot remover for glass only, while this new product of ours is suitable for glass, hard plastics, paint, chrome, etc. Those of you who are a bit more "in the know" when it comes to surface care (hey, you guys hang out on forums and this is your hobby so you delve much deeper into all this stuff than the average car owner does) understand where this product is coming from. While a spray delivery is a bit odd for use with a buffer, it makes perfect sense for working by hand. That's not to say you can't use this with a buffer, because you certainly can. But the thinner viscosity and the wider dispersion you get by spraying rather than pouring could very well mean that you'll get some slinging when using a buffer, but it is most certainly a viable option here.
    Seeing as it's an off-label application you may not know, but I'll ask:

    How much cut does it have for swirl removal?
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

  10. #10
    Sr. Global Product & Training Spec Michael Stoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    21,402
    Rep Power
    1138

    Re: Water Spot Remover

    Quote Originally Posted by STRIFE View Post
    Dang.... I just ordered a bottle of glass polish /CarPro from ADS
    You ordered a very good product, Strife, don't sweat it. The CarPro product uses cerium oxide which can actually be used to polish very fine scratches out of glass when used with a rotary buffer and a special pad. It's maybe a bit overkill just for water spots on glass, but it will certainly work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Seeing as it's an off-label application you may not know, but I'll ask:

    How much cut does it have for swirl removal?
    Funny you should ask..... the overall cut is a bit below Ultimate Compound, but not by much. In the general consumer space people tend to look for a product that addresses a specific need they have - scratch removal, water spots, oxidation, etc - because they haven't been fully educated about car care. For example, you'd be amazed how many people still think a wax should remove all those defects and they call and complain when it doesn't.

    For enthusiasts who spend time on detailing forums, those of you for whom this is a hobby that you're very immersed in, you know how diverse certain products can be - like using Ultimate Compound for isolated scratches, swirls, oxidation, water spots, on either paint, chrome, glass, headlights, etc. The average guy on the street, however, would think we were nuts if we packaged a product that claimed to "do it all", which is what that list of things you can do with Ultimate Compound sounds like. People would think that was just a bunch of marketing hype, that we were overpromising what a product could do, and they wouldn't buy it.

    For those of you who are curious about a sprayable compound that might make it easier or more convenient to deliver product to your buffing pad, this could be just what you're looking for. Of course, you would not want to spray this onto a panel and then start machine polishing because you'd sling product all over the place!
    Michael Stoops
    Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

    Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. marine line Water spot remover
    By Chex in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 6th, 2006, 07:10 AM
  2. #47 Hard Water Spot Remover
    By fgraciano1980 in forum For Sale or Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 24th, 2006, 05:49 PM
  3. Hard Water Spot Remover
    By RedSoxRacer in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 27th, 2005, 04:01 PM
  4. Water Spot Remover
    By Rockpick in forum New Product Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 9th, 2005, 03:29 PM
  5. water spot remover
    By DSG Man in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •