• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Wax

I bought some black wax to use on my 03 black Honda Accord. While i think it did a good job, I still think I like UPW better. I don't think the finish feels as slick with the black wax. Now for my question: On the directions it said with a DA use a yellow pad,(Lake Country) which is a cutting pad, which I used. Since this is a wax why not use a black finishing pad or even a blue pad? Should I go over the BW with UPW or UQW?

Comment

Meguiar's yellow pad is a polishing pad, in between the black finishing and maroon cutting pad.
      2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Yeah, as noted above, the Meguiars directions would be for Meguiars pads... and that could also improve the finish a little.

Keep in mind the Ult. Wax is going to be a better wax but needs prep work before using... the Black wax is a good wax that doesn't need the prep work before using it. So just a trade off.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post

Product Attributes:
          • Specially formulated for dark-to-black paint
          • 3-in-1 functionality - Cleans, polishes and protects
          • Focuses on polishing the paint for a wet, glossy look
          • Creates exceptional gloss for black or dark colored cars
          • No dyes or colorants
          • Includes foam pad for easy application
          • "Black cars love polish!"

Size:
          7oz. tube w/applicator pad
          Part Number: G6208
          MSRP: $10.99
          Ok, It's been a while since anyone posted here, I'm about to get this on Christmas. This product does look like a winner, seeing all the forums here and outside meguiarsonline.com, and I have yet to see any negative comments or experiences as with the Ultimate Liquid Wax. So it cleans, POLISHES and protects, where does the protection come from, or simply put, does it come from carnauba (since it seems best in achieving that deep, wet look), polymer (or a small amount of polymer load) to protect that deep polished look, or a bit of both?

Comment

2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
              Ok, It's been a while since anyone posted here, I'm about to get this on Christmas. This product does look like a winner, seeing all the forums here and outside meguiarsonline.com, and I have yet to see any negative comments or experiences as with the Ultimate Liquid Wax. So it cleans, POLISHES and protects, where does the protection come from, or simply put, does it come from carnauba (since it seems best in achieving that deep, wet look), polymer (or a small amount of polymer load) to protect that deep polished look, or a bit of both?
              There are some polymers in there, but for the most part the protection comes from carnauba.

Comment

Can't wait to try it, my experience with meguiars is mostly positive. I love the way it adds depth to paint, even NXT 2.0, while most say it works better on light colors, I find that it gives a lot of depth on dark and black paint. Even compared to the collinites I have (yes, 845, 476s, 915), I get deeper and blacker paint with NXT 2.0, what more with this Black Wax, an all-in-one with more polishing oils and a bit of SMAT abrasives?

Comment

Finally I just got my Black Wax... I'm quite surprised with the texture of this wax, I can really feel the SMAT (well, it's a cleaner wax anyway) in it.. q bit rougher than expected.. I will try it as soon as I have enough time to squeeze in..

Comment

ff.....

"squeeze in" don't you mean squeeze out?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                      ff.....

"squeeze in" don't you mean squeeze out?

I'm not too sure if it's in or out, maybe the holiday season has taken its toll on my English or speech... But I finally did get my Black Wax!

Applying the product, I'm surprised with the SMAT in it. I felt it even more, almost feels like an easier to apply version of SwirlX. On black paint, it looks good and the SMAT can be felt working on the paint. But I still find that M07+Wax leaves an even darker, wetter and richer finish. Application is as expected isn't as effortless as NXT 2.0, maybe I'll follow it up with a coat of NXT 2.0, I'm also testing how durable this Black Wax is..

Comment

Your English is fine, my humor is not.
                        Now that you've squeezed in the time,
                        you've squeezed out some Black Wax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                          Your English is fine, my humor is not.
                          Now that you've squeezed in the time,
                          you've squeezed out some Black Wax.
                          Haha... I was a bit out of tune, maybe the holiday season is taking its toll on me... But I did squeeze in some time to try out the Black Wax.... I guess, when it comes to waxing/detailing, no one is too sick or tired to wax their cars... I just had to try it...

Comment

Not sure how long it lasts in snow, ice and salt, but looks good. I think anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            David

Comment

^^ Great work - looks awesome

How is it holding up?
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');