• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Wax

Can this product be applied with a Dual Action Polisher? How long do cleaner waxes generally last? Hope it last as long as the liquid wax.

Comment

Another majorly important question, what does this wax (and the white wax) SMELL like?
      Strader327

Professional photographer and owner of STRADER Motorsports Photography

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strad...41121349262327

Comment

Originally posted by goldenlight View Post
        Can this product be applied with a Dual Action Polisher? How long do cleaner waxes generally last? Hope it last as long as the liquid wax.
        See below:

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
        Absolutely.
        Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
        Durability is on par with Gold Class Carnauba Plus.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Mr Michael Stoops, I see you stated that the white wax is more agressive in cleaning ability then Color-X and red bottle cleaner wax, how does the black wax compare in cleaning strength to red bottle cleaning wax and color-x? The reason I ask is for many many years I have been doing quick detail jobs for family and friends that don't want to pay for extensive corrections, they just want car to shine good and fast, and I use red bottle cleaner wax for finishes really good shape and color-x for slightly neglected finsihes, and I'm very familiar with cleaning ability of both of em. I'm thinking if someone brings me a dark colored car neglected and wants a quick cheap fast cleaning/wax to use the white wax. Can either of these be topped with NXT or Ultimate wax or #21 sealent?

Comment

Based on the diagram, the Black Wax appears to be closest to the A12 (red bottle) Cleaner/Wax, so also milder then ColorX.

And yes, both can be topped with products.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr1525, I see the diagram shows its close to the cleaner/wax A12, Im just very curious if its at least has as much cleaning ability as Color-X because that would be amazing to have a product with that much cleaning ability plus the added bonus of extra extra polishing ability

Comment

I'm definitely eager to get my hands on this product! Just to be clear, it sounds like this is a wax on/wax off type of product. I gave that Turtle Wax Black Box a try this past spring and was horribly disappointed, mostly that it's a multi-step process and took a lot more time than I'm used to. Will the Black Wax be just that one tube? If so, hope it's available soon!

Comment

It sounds like you will want to wax and let dry, then remove as you would a regular wax.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking too, which is good. As a rule, I'm pretty pressed for detailing time before shows since I have to squeeze a little in between getting home from work and the sun going down.

Maybe Santa will leave me a garage for Christmas this year.

Comment

The Ult. Liquid Wax is more on/off, or of course the spray waxes.

Comment

I'm quite excited for this product. I just realized that I have essentially been trying to make this product by mixing Meguiar's products. I have been looking for a wax that has a light amount of defect correction, while still having a quality lasting wax protection, and a large amount of polishing oils. I'm curious to see how my blend compares to this.

Comment

Ho did you make your blend
                          Paul Marmarinos
                          Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                          "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I dont believe there is a container, just a tube for these ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                              Ho did you make your blend
                              I'm still playing with this mix, but the composition I wrote down (again, a work in progress) is as follows:
                              45% ULW
                              20% M26
                              5% GCC
                              20% UP
                              10% SwX

What I was trying to achieve was a AIO that could correct very minor defects, while having a lot of polish in it and wax that may act as a filler to hide scratches. I would personally rather hide scratches than buff them out, as I work by hand. I find that M26 hides scratches best out of GCC, ULW, and cleaner wax. The 5% GCC was an experiment, if you make this, add a little more M26 and leave the GCC out.
                              It's still a work in progress, if you or anyone modifies this and finds a composition that works better/differently, I would be ecstatic to hear it.
                              Edit: Also, when blending Megs products, it can be difficult to get them mixed up well, so be sure to mix/shake them up very well. There should be no discrepancy in the color.

Comment

Originally posted by GhOsT1321 View Post
                                I'm still playing with this mix, but the composition I wrote down (again, a work in progress) is as follows:
                                45% ULW
                                20% M26
                                5% GCC
                                20% UP
                                10% SwX

What I was trying to achieve was a AIO that could correct very minor defects, while having a lot of polish in it and wax that may act as a filler to hide scratches. I would personally rather hide scratches than buff them out, as I work by hand. I find that M26 hides scratches best out of GCC, ULW, and cleaner wax. The 5% GCC was an experiment, if you make this, add a little more M26 and leave the GCC out.
                                It's still a work in progress, if you or anyone modifies this and finds a composition that works better/differently, I would be ecstatic to hear it.
                                Edit: Also, when blending Megs products, it can be difficult to get them mixed up well, so be sure to mix/shake them up very well. There should be no discrepancy in the color.
                                Blackwax available Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G6207...ywords=meguiar
                                Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz, Oz Unity,OzRedux64,BlackOpal

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');