• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Wax

Originally posted by Duffmancantbreathe View Post
    Hey guys! Did a simple wash, followed by a coat of #7 then a thin coat of black wax. Managed to get this shine:

I love this pic.

Although, I didn't notice in time that Meguiar's Black Wax is an AIO so it might've removed the glaze =(. Oh well, live and learn!
    Well, it's OK. It may have very likely removed the glaze, next time just skip the glaze go straight to applying the Black Wax and seal it up further with another wax, maybe Gold Class Carnauba+ for real depth or Ultimate Wax for crisp reflections, maximum protection.

Maybe your steps were a mistake. It happens, but look at your car. How much blacker can it get? Nice work

Comment

Duffmancantbreathe,

Looks pretty darn good to me.

ffboy,
      How much blacker can it get?
      What a loaded question! Sometimes the pursuit is more satisfying than the result.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
        Well, it's OK. It may have very likely removed the glaze, next time just skip the glaze go straight to applying the Black Wax and seal it up further with another wax, maybe Gold Class Carnauba+ for real depth or Ultimate Wax for crisp reflections, maximum protection.

Maybe your steps were a mistake. It happens, but look at your car. How much blacker can it get? Nice work
        Great suggestion! Thanks!

Comment

Black... Different kinds of shine can be achieved... Maximum depth, wet look or Bright, reflective, crisp shine... Many, many options to take, you chose the deep, wet look, route... This is where a coat of Gold Class Carnauba plus or M26 or Deep crystal Carnauba can add even more depth...

Comment

Just curious.....how do these waxes on their respective colors compare to M26 as far as depth goes? Im currently using M26 over properly prepped and clayed white and black vehicles. I get satisfactory results on the white.....superb on the black.

Comment

There are a few "it depends" in there... if the paint is already in good shape, it could come out close. It can only reach a certain level.

If the paint needs more work, the separate steps will likely work better.

Of course the separate wax will likely be better as far as durability. And then what you consider as 'good looks'... some may prefer the look of Nxt or Ult waxes.

The black wax has more oils, so more potential for depth. But the White Wax is a better cleaner, if that is what the paint needed instead.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Clarification regarding my question above................My black vehicle is an '07 Equinox. Since new it has been maintained with #80 as needed, then weekly clay and #26. It has an extremely DEEP finish.

My white vehicle is a 2012 Colorado. It was driven home from dealer...washed, clayed, washed, #80, #7, 3 applications of NXT applied 24 hours apart. (washed and dried between each appl.) Then 3 applications of #26 24 hrs apart, washed in between. This vehicle is washed and waxed one to two times weekly. Result....eeenhh....for white its not bad. You do have to park it next to another Summit White Chevrolet to really notice the difference.

I'll try the "white" wax just for the sake of my own personal info. I was just wondering just how much better it will be if any.

Reprctfully submitted,
                BINGO53

Comment

^^ Wow, sounds like your vehicles keep you busy!
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

as Davey said, "wow". I grabbed a calendar just to figure this out. You wash and wax six days out of seven, three days of NXT and three days of M26. You and the Summit only get one day of rest a week. Nope, nope, excuse me, I just re-read what you said. That was just the first week of ownership, now you wash and wax once or twice a week.

Warning...sarcasm ahead....you may want to try Ultimate Wax after using White or Black Wax to get better longevity.... The weather in Texas must be wicked to require that much waxing !! Lately around here, you wash a couple of times a week to be able to see out your windshield through all the gnats stuck to the glass.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    David

Comment

Yes, on average I wash, between the 2 vehicles on average 3 times a week. Obvious exceptions are rainy days. The black every Sunday, the white usually Mon/Thurs. I do not wax that often due to poor performance of the product, or lack of longevity. When one has one's home wash set up reasonably organized, and with a DA buffer, it only takes an extra 20-30 mins to apply and wipe off an application of a good quality product like M26.

Well....I tried to post pics.....that didnt work out so well. Does one use the HTML from Photobucket, or other code?

Comment

I think you will find if the #80, #7, and 6 coats of wax dont do it, not much will. You are probably near the top of the looks already.

Maybe #205, but that is just something to try if you like experimenting.

Comment

Maybe I'll get the photo thing figured out eventually.

Comment

Sorry about the low cell phone cam quality here.....my "play money" goes for washing supplies.

UGH! Still havent got it !!
                            Last edited by BINGO53; Jun 6, 2013, 07:34 AM. Reason: no pics showing

Comment

You want to use the little 'tree in a box' looking button, and then insert the link from the gallery into the pop up box.

Comment

Where can I buy this black wax in canada?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');