• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Wax

^ I believe Walmart is in Canada as well. If so, I would check there.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Yes there are Walmarts here but no Black Wax.

Comment

^ Quite possible they ran out of stock. Should ask them if they indeed do stock the Black Wax and if so, when they expect to replenish. Or even possible ask if they can locate another Walmart near by that does have it in stock. I don't know if Sears and Advanced Auto has presence in Canada but they stock Meg's as well.... at least the ones in my area.
        2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

what do you think if we coat #26 yellow wax over BW.... is #26 a better version of GC or vice versa?

Comment

Either would work fine.

I dont know about major differences between them. Probably more of a price issue....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Either would work fine.

I dont know about major differences between them. Probably more of a price issue....
              what do u think if i clay my car first then use ultimate polish as it has more properties to remove minor imperfections and then use black wax and after 12 hours use UPW or #26 (recommend)??? and the reason why i am planning to apply UP is because i will be using my hands to do all this

Comment

Originally posted by waterbeads View Post
                what do u think if i clay my car first then use ultimate polish as it has more properties to remove minor imperfections and then use black wax and after 12 hours use UPW or #26 (recommend)??? and the reason why i am planning to apply UP is because i will be using my hands to do all this
                I don't think you will get much defect removal out of Ult. Polish... so probably a waste on that front, unless very minor or very soft paint.

Comment

What is the cleaning power of black wax relative to the other cleaner waxes? I've become a huge fan of the daily driver detail, using color x (awesome product!) and following with a finishing wax. But now I want a milder cleaner wax for more regular use, should I step down to black wax or even further (a12, m20??).

Comment

Black Wax is pretty mild, similar to A12.

Comment

• Re: Black Wax

Does the black wax leave small crystal like pieces on the hood?

I believe the bigger pieces on my photo are dush but there are smaller pieces after I waxed with it that don't seem to go away.

Comment

It's not just the metallic flake in the paint is it?

Another common thing (especially for hoods) is there are lots of tiny rock chips in the paint, and often a polish or wax can become stuck in there if you don't wipe it off properly...
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                          It's not just the metallic flake in the paint is it?

Another common thing (especially for hoods) is there are lots of tiny rock chips in the paint, and often a polish or wax can become stuck in there if you don't wipe it off properly...
                          I believe it is the metallic flake.
                          You might be right about getting stuck in the paint, what did I do wrong?

Comment

He means that you're paint (maybe) is supposed to have metallic flake in it. What make, model, year is the car? what color is the paint called?
                            2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by airtas View Post
                              I believe it is the metallic flake.
                              You might be right about getting stuck in the paint, what did I do wrong?
                              Yeah, I meant maybe it's metallic flake within your paint that's supposed to be there. Maybe you just didn't notice it before because the paint was dirty / dull.

If it's wax stuck in the rock chips, you just didn't buff it off properly, that's all. Chances are its dried up in there now, so a QD or your next wash should remove it.
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Metallic flakes on the paint. Don't try to do any further removal of there, you will end up instilling those beloved swirls or light micro-scratches on your paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');