• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy???

I am wanting to purchase a G110V2 but looking at doing a package deal. Is the foam pads better/easier to work with over the new microfiber pads? Where and what would you purchase? Budget is around $250-$350.

My cars include a 2011 Hyundai sonata se black on black. It is getting pretty beat up and needs a good correction. Other car is a 2006 Honda odyssey silver on grey and it too could use a correction job.

Thanks

Re: What to buy???

I would look at autodetailingsolutions.com, or autogeek.net for some price options.

You could post up some pics maybe to see how the surface looks.

The MF speeds things up, and can cut more.... But if just working on your own things, and arent worried about taking a couple minutes longer, foam is usually just fine. And foam can be for regular maintenence in the future as well anyway.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The cars paint are pretty basic with swirls and scratches. They have never seen more than 1-2 coats of wax a year. Pretty sure both cars need ultimate, than polish than wax.

Comment

Yeah, a machine, a few polishing pads, couple finishing pads, and the products wouldnt be a bad place to start.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

go with the MF kit from ADS and never look back...it'll save you time and money in the long run and you wont be like me with every product meguiars sells! Im slowly thinning the herd of correction products to the MF pads and D300/301 and collinite

Comment

The MF kit is really only for very heavy defects. I would still purchase foam pads.

(As well as UC, SwirlX, UP and UW as a minimum. ...But that's just me... you can never have too many products! )
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

As much as the MF system works well and is great it is meant for the heavy oxidation and defect removal. I would suggest the foam pads as well polishing and finishing.
              Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
              Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
              Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Sounds good. I can always add the microfiber system later.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');