• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pcxp is smokin'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcxp is smokin'!

Literally. I have used it for probably6 hours total. I just got the backing plate for my 7" softbuff pads and I began to use it for the first time today. After about 2 minutes the pc started smoking. Not sure where to go from here. Anything would be appreciated

Re: pcxp is smokin'!

If it's brand new you can probably take it back where you got it.

If you got it online and don't want to ship it or if it's not so new you can try a Porter-Cable Service center.

pc

Comment

Alright. I've had it for about2 months. I can use the7" pads correct?

Comment

Originally posted by flight567 View Post
        Literally. I have used it for probably6 hours total. I just got the backing plate for my 7" softbuff pads and I began to use it for the first time today. After about 2 minutes the pc started smoking. Not sure where to go from here. Anything would be appreciated
        Alright. I've had it for about2 months. I can use the7" pads correct?
        You say you have used it for 6 hours, but it started smoking after 2 minutes. You used it for the first time today? Then you say you have had it for 2 months. I don't know I'm kinda lost. Is this a new polisher we are talking about? Also are you talking about the 6.5 inch softbuff pads? Yes you can use these with your PC. If your machine is new, it probably comes with a warranty, so I don't see an issue taking it back where you purchased it and getting it taken care of.
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I think he's saying he's had the machine for two months but he just got the new backing plate, used it for two minutes, then the machine started to smoke.

A bit confusing, I know...
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Is the washer on the backing plate?

This is kind of a long shot...but worth checking.

Bill

Comment

It should be. Ill check. Thank you guys

Comment

So as it happens, the washer is not on the plate. My 8 year old cousin whom I allowed to attach the plate to the polisher thought it was packing or something and threw it away. Trash went out the day he threw it away... so, what can I do now? Good catch on the washer BTW

Comment

Great catch on the washer Bill!!! And flight, idk put it back together correctly and give it a shot?
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by flight567 View Post
                    So as it happens, the washer is not on the plate. My 8 year old cousin whom I allowed to attach the plate to the polisher thought it was packing or something and threw it away. Trash went out the day he threw it away... so, what can I do now? Good catch on the washer BTW
                    Take a run to your local hardware store (plumbing dept) and pick up a fiber washer. Look for one with a hole that will fit over the 5/16" stud, about 3/4" diameter and the thickness of steel 5/16 washer. Just DON'T use a steel washer!

Sorry to be so vague on sizes, but all my 'stuff' is packed away for the winter.

Glad it was/is this simple of a fix...

Bill

Comment

Thank you all, and special thanks to Bill. I'll run there today and keep you guys posted.

Comment

The washer is on, and i'll be testing it tomorrow hopefully. let's give my dad's car another go

Comment

Hoping it works out for you!
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

The washer worked! No more smoke! Thanks guys!

Comment

Outstanding!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');