• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Bissel or what!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Bissel or what!?

Hey,

I have utilized alot of Meguiars products over the past year to keep up with my exterior and the families rides, and if someone comes along for me to detail there car, now it's time to focus on interior products.

For cleaning interiors, I usually use my mom's oreck which does ok but it just doesn't have the power to really clean things up and move along quickly. I've been debating between a shop vac or the vac n blo from autopia or CMA.

The main thing I'm concerned about is stains and just down n dirty carpet. I can't afford a professional series extractor or something, although it would be nice! I'm thinking of something like a little bissel. For now I use some old cotton terry towels and nylon brush from the local dollar store. This procedure does an ok job but i would like to be more through and help speed things up abit. Thanks,,,,,,,deadman98

I rent a Rug Doctor for $25. It's the best cleaner I have ever used. I also buy up some of there more expensive auto carpet cleaners that do the job.

For leather, vinyl, and other trim I would recommend a dedicated Meguiar's product.
    '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
    '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I have used a Hoover Steam Vac upright a couple times with the hand attachment it worked very well had decent power not a pro machine but it did the job. similar to this one:

Vacuum cleaners from Hoover featuring the best new home cleaning models, including powerful upright vacuums, easy to use cordless vacuums, deep cleaning carpet cleaners, and specialty hard surface vacuums. Genuine Hoover parts, filters, and vacuum cleaner accessories shipped direct to you.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I just detailed the interior of our DD, a 93 Bronco. We use it like a truck, hauling stuff, etc. With the winters up here in NY, it doesn't get cleaned real well all winter. The grey carpet turned mostly brown from stains & dirt. I sprayed it with the Meg's Carpet & interior Cleaner, then used my Little Green (bissel) to remove the dirt. Worked like magic!! I took some pics, they didn't turn out great, but I'll try to post them later. I say get the little green, and use the carpet & interior cleaner, you'll be amazed!

Edit: I forgot to mention rubbing the spray into stains-I used an old applicator pad I had laying around rather than a brush, But I'm sure a brush would work even better!
        Last edited by electricgreen; Apr 15, 2004, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I've found the detailer all purpose cleaner plus works really well for shampooing carpets and apholstey. I dillute it about 15 to 1 with the foam sprayer nozel on the bottle, spray the foam on to the carpet, brush in, vaccum with a shop vac (a worth while investment) and wipe with a cheap towel to get the remaining dirt.

While I'm sure a professional hot water extractor would work better I've found this method to give me good results all the time. And it even works really well for stains. Might be worth trying before you go out and buy an expensive carpet shampooer.
          Later,
          Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
          Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I have a little green proheat it works great hard to beat for the price.
            2001 ws6 Trans am
            (Blackbird edition #19)
            433rwhp
            409rwt

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');