• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110V2 Speed Dial problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110V2 Speed Dial problem.

Hello everyone,

I picked up a g110v2 last week, and had to exchange it for a new one today (the dust cover was cracked when i opened the box). I can't recall exactly how the speed dial felt on the first one but i remember some resistance when i tried to move the dial from speeds 1 to 2 and into 6. However with the new polisher that I got, it's pretty smooth spinning from 1-4, but from 4-6 there is a lot of resistance and a plastic "grinding" sound.

I also noticed this gap which i don't recall noticing on the first polisher I got.

I picked up the polisher from a car show, and it would be a long drive to meet up again with the guy that sold it to me. I would appreciate some insight from people that own or have used this polisher and if they have encountered similar problems. I've been dying to use the polisher, but I want to figure out the problem first =(.

Thank you!!

Re: G110V2 Speed Dial problem.

I just went and pulled mine out to look. There is no gap like is shown in your photo nor is there any resistance on the dial at any setting. Is this a brand new polisher? If so do you know who you purchased it from? If it was someone associated with Megs I am sure customer care could help you out. But It sure doesn't look right to me to answer your question. And no grinding sound at all on mine. Almost looks as if it was taken apart at some time. Maybe when put back together the dial was not properly lined up with the case. Either way if someone sold it to you as new, idk bud......

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Contact Megs customer service. They will give you a new one

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Here is what mine looks like:

I have no resistance on my dial either.
        Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
        Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
        Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I contacted the seller and also Meguiar's on Friday. I haven't heard from either yet, hopefully they will get back to me today. If not i'll give them a call.
          Are there any other common problems I should look out for?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');