• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA Power System

Removing swirls will take more pressure than just waxing, and so will make the motor work harder, drain the battery faster. Maybe if you were just trying a panel or so a day on softer paint. Although waxing by hand is pretty easy, it is the swirl removal that is the hardest work by hand.

I would just have UC and UP on the shelf. You can do a test spot with UP, and if not, a test spot with UC on the polishing pad. Then UC on the cutting pad if still nothing.

The UC on a cutting pad seemed pretty easy to use, and not too strong when I tried it out, but nothing wrong with starting milder to be sure/safe.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just got a super deal from Advance Auto Parts (on line) for the DA Power System plus the Polishing Pads set along with three other Meguiar products The order totaled $107.25 before a discount of $40 plus free shipping. The actual total with tax was $70.30. The promo code I used was TRT41 and I had to speak to a customer service rep to get the order through because one item apparently did not qualify for this promo discount. Anyway, I think this is a pretty good deal for anyone thinking about buying a DA Power System. Good luck to all!

Comment

Anyone tried Swirl-X on either the cutting or polishing disc?... If these products ever make it here, I might try it (least aggressive approach n all...) as I have a fairly full bottle I don't use any more since getting Ultimate Polish..

Comment

I have not, but no reason no to.

Comment

How is this cheap drill? Will it do ?

Comment

That drill will be fine. Really don't need a Dewalt, realy any corded drill is fine.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

The NZ Meguiars retailer finally has them..

around 125 for the attachment and a polishing pad, and 33 for each of the dual pad kits..

Comment

Well, my complete package came tonight... Didn't really want to attempt any major work in the limited hours left in the day, but curiosity got the better of me, so I cleaned up the spoiler of one of my cars and gave all 3 pads a go.

Certainly looks better, but I think there is room for a lot of improvement... I think I just need to get used to this whole 'concept' of defect removal, and getting the right pressure and speed with the burgundy pad and UC..

I can definitely see it being a winner for applying the Polish and Wax..

Comment

Just have to work a smaller area, go a bit slower probably.

Comment

• Re: DA Power System

Have now spent a few more hours with this attachment on my Daily Driver.... Half of the car is now done (taking my time, as I'm trying to make some improvement with each panel) ... The correction aspect is still learning in progress, but still much easier on the body than attempting by hand... but the polishing and waxing... Wow, for the price, I can't recommend it enough to all the amateur detailers out there doing their own cars by hand..

I've run UC/UP/ULW and the bonnet and front two corners, and UC/NXT2.0 on the rest of one side of the car... I think I'll start using NXT again on my DD now, and just use the UP and ULW on the V8...

Comment

If i were to use Deep Crystal Pure Polish with the DA system, which pad would I use?

Comment

^^ I'd say you'd want the black finishing pad for that.
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

So I'm assuming the

Red pad is for moderate/severe paint cleaning such as Ultimate Compound, Scratch X
                            yellow pad is for light paint cleaning such as Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Swirl X, Ultimate Polish

Or is yellow pad only really designed for Ultimate Polish?

Anything that doesn't correct paint such as Pure Polish or the Waxes (except cleaner waxes) would be Black pad?

Comment

That is more or less correct... some things are just by feel/experience, but that would be the idea.

With a DA Polisher, you don't want the red pad as much, but it can be used more often with the Power System.

Comment

• Following on from that, I'm assuming the yellow would be best for most AIO applications, assuming anyone using one would be at the least intending a light clean of the paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');