• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endurance: application on truck tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance: application on truck tires

Since most car tires don't have the same "shape" as a truck tire (BGF ATs, etc), I always seems to have problems with applying Endurance to my truck tires, especially around the outer edges where the tread meets the sidewall...

I use a larger foam applicator to apply the Endurance designed for truck tires, but I still can't seem to get in between all the grooves, etc...

Anyone have any tips?

Re: Endurance: application on truck tires

Originally posted by allamricn
    Since most car tires don't have the same "shape" as a truck tire (BGF ATs, etc), I always seems to have problems with applying Endurance to my truck tires, especially around the outer edges where the tread meets the sidewall...

I use a larger foam applicator to apply the Endurance designed for truck tires, but I still can't seem to get in between all the grooves, etc...

Anyone have any tips?
    Click Here
    r. b.

Comment

I know a lot of guys using the Hot Shine Tire Spray for your same situation. It is much easier to get into the groves. There are also a bunch of guys with show cars that use it because after they get to the show they can use it on the tire tread too.

Lynn
      Lynn Matthews

Comment

the brush trick worked great for me, just make sure you don't leave any extra endrunce in the cracks or you'll get some sling. the combo of hot shine and endurance aslo looked seemless in my opion and it is easier to do.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
          the brush trick worked great for me, just make sure you don't leave any extra endrunce in the cracks or you'll get some sling. the combo of hot shine and endurance aslo looked seemless in my opion and it is easier to do.
          I think I know the answer, but hot shine first then endurance?

Comment

I was having the same problem with my truck tires. After reading the posts I decided to try the Hot Shine Aerosol........

Works faster and better than any method I had tried before. Just give it a spray and wipe off any excess with a rag. Also works great on those hard to reach spots in the fender wells!! I will continue to use Endurance and the foam applicator on the majority of the tire, but this solves the lug problems!

Thanks for the post Allamricn!!! It solved a challenge I've had for a while!!! Gotta love this site
            Garry42
            2002 F150 King Ranch SCAB /
            2004 VW Jetta

Comment

1999NCSU,
              I only do the trouble spots (side lugs) with hot shine first, than do the whole tire with endurance. good luck!
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks for the help... I will try and see which methods work best and post my results!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');