• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC to remove white residue on trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC to remove white residue on trim

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone ever used APC successfully to remove the white chalky wax residue that can get on black plastic trim or rubber? If so, what dilution ratio did you use?

Also, how about using APC to sucessfully remove built up silicone like from something like an "Armorall type" product on a dash or arm rests?

Vettefan

Re: APC to remove white residue on trim

Some of those white stains come off easier than others, but I have used it on some mild ones, and worked good.

And yes, APC is good to wipe down the interior with also to get off previous dressings, dirt, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Some of those white stains come off easier than others, but I have used it on some mild ones, and worked good.

And yes, APC is good to wipe down the interior with also to get off previous dressings, dirt, etc.
      Thanks! What dilution ratio do you usually use? 4:1 ?

Comment

I usually just mix about 7-8 or so :1 and use for everything. I kind of eyeball in the middle of the two lines on the bottle label (if you have the bottle with the label).
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          I usually just mix about 7-8 or so :1 and use for everything. I kind of eyeball in the middle of the two lines on the bottle label (if you have the bottle with the label).
          Super... I will try that rate.

Appreciate your help.

Vettefan

Comment

This sounds dumb, but peanut butter on a tooth brush will take it off quick. Not sure what the science behind it is, maybe the oil in the butter, but it works like no other trick ive tried.
            www.JaxDetails.com
            www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
            I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Comment

I had good results using a Mr Clean magic eraser on some black plastic trim
              "STRIFE" aka Phil
              2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
              2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
              2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Wax or compound on trim *****, especially when it's from someone who waxed the car something like two summers ago

I've used APC+ with varying degrees of success in the past. Now I usually go to my RFEW at about a 30:1 dilution and if that won't take it off, I use a little Glass Cleaner concentrate (from the Detailer line) on an old glass Microfiber towel, that should easily do the trick.

BTW, the peanut butter solution sounds like your just creating more issues, but I've never tried it, so I guess I can't knock it.
                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I know, i thought the same thing till i tried it. Takes the wax/polish residue right off.
                  www.JaxDetails.com
                  www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
                  I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Comment

Ultimate Black is an incredible solution, I've found, and smells really good, too
                    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');