• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel X-2070 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel X-2070 ~ Review

I got a chance to use Meguiars Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel .

First Impressions:
    Its packaged in some simple cardboard, and it serves its purpose.

Its a thin towel measuring 27" x 17". The instructions state to wet the towel and wring out prior to use.

Application/Use:
    After a wash with Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner I ran my hose without a nozzle to help sheet the water off. Then I moved on to the towel to dry.

Overall Impression:
    The towel did seem to glide over the surface with just a little drag, I like that. The towel seemed to absorb some water while it smeared some of the water, leaving water spots and the need for a QD to clean up.

Where it did work best was on my vinyl bed cover to absorb the standing water. It also seemed to dry the vinyl better than the painted surfaces.

I am not overly impressed with this product. I do like it for use on standing water on flat surfaces such as my bed cover. I think I will stick with the Water Magnet Drying Towel for my main drying method. The Water Magnet (use on painted surfaces) used in combination with Super Suede Drying Towel (used on standing water) would be a good combo, but not necessary.

I will give it another try soon as I get a chance and post my opinion.

Brandon
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Good write up gb387,

i find the Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel extremely beneficial for windows. Usually i swipe the first time then wring out and follow up with a 2nd time to get the desired result. Its not particularly absorbant but i believe that its benefits are in providing a scratch free finish, which is important after you've just spent 5 or so hours on the paint the week prior.

Its lonly et downs i feel are its absorbancy particularly on hot days when you just can work fast enough to beat the evaporation. On these occasions i have 3 on the go to help speed things along. But over all i think its a winner.
    All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Well I had a chance to give this another try... again the results were not quite what I was looking for.

Still didn't seem to completely dry the vehicle, again it did work very well on my bed cover and plastic trim (bumper and side step). I still plan to use it with my Water Magnet to dry the different types of surfaces.

I have gotten it a little dirty from who knows what... I remember the package saying not to machine wash, anyone have any suggestions in this area?
      Brandon

Comment

well personally i give mine a scrub with normal soap and then rub it together. Then rinse it well. I usually do this about 2 - 3 times to remove all the dirt properly.

Comment

Originally posted by SprintKing
          well personally i give mine a scrub with normal soap and then rub it together. Then rinse it well. I usually do this about 2 - 3 times to remove all the dirt properly.
          Thank you I will give it a try. normal soap as in dawn?
          Brandon

Comment

im not sure what dawn is as we dont have that in australia that i know of. Like the kind you wash yourself with in the shower a normal bar of soap. That seems to work well for me

Comment

Originally posted by SprintKing
              im not sure what dawn is as we dont have that in australia that i know of. Like the kind you wash yourself with in the shower a normal bar of soap. That seems to work well for me
              Sorry... Dawn is a dish soap. Thanks!
              Brandon

Comment

I used this drying towel yesterday and ughhh...I dunno...it's ok I guess?

I followed the directions prior to use, but found that it more or less helped me push the water off the car and soaked up little of it.

It did leave a lot of smears and lots of small water spots for me and that meant following up with another drying towel.

Perhaps it was a combo of LSP on the car and the car wash solution I used and perhaps even the weather (damp day)?

But it's not all negative as I found some positives:

It's a good size towel.

It's a safe material and seems to be harmless to the finish.

It does slide well with just the right amount of grab. Just wish that grab meant more water being sucked up.

I'm sure I will find the perfect purpose for this towel. Perhaps the door jambs and wheels etc. will find good use from this towel. I hate coming down on a product that means well, but I'm not into drying with two towels and think that I would have too with this towel first in hand.
                My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by f1guy68
                  I used this drying towel yesterday and ughhh...I dunno...it's ok I guess?

I followed the directions prior to use, but found that it more or less helped me push the water off the car and soaked up little of it.

It did leave a lot of smears and lots of small water spots for me and that meant following up with another drying towel.

Perhaps it was a combo of LSP on the car and the car wash solution I used and perhaps even the weather (damp day)?

But it's not all negative as I found some positives:

It's a good size towel.

It's a safe material and seems to be harmless to the finish.

It does slide well with just the right amount of grab. Just wish that grab meant more water being sucked up....

You had some more good points to add; I found to be true as well...

I have a fresh coat of #21 on my truck so I would think drying would be easier.
                  Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown@meguiars
                    Hey Brian
                    I have noticed the more you use the Natural Chamois, the better it performs. Try leaving it in a bucket of clean water sealed by a bucket boss seat over night. Additional, pulling the chamois over the surface, rather than pushing it like you might do with the Water Magnet will yield better results.

In spite of what the directions state on the Super Suede Drying towel, I have washed mine with my other Micro Fiber towels (Tide- no fabric softener or bleach in hot water) and the towel is performing SWEET now. It seems as if the towel is treated with something initially that does not allow it to absorb to its full potential. After washing 2-3 times, I think I may like it better than the Water Magnet.

Give it a try and let me know what you think

Take Care

Jeff Brown
                    Senior Area Sales Manager
                    Meguiar's Inc.

using jbrown@meguiars suggestion from this post: Super Thick Natural Chamois X-2100 ~ Review

I gave the SS Drying Towel a wash in the washing machine without soap, by itself (just to see, I was concerned with the soap staying in the towel). During the wash I stopped the washer let it set a short time - then looked at the water and it looked cloudy as if something was being removed!?!? I did this twice and let it dry.

Today I washed my truck and found that the towel did in fact seem to work much better!?!? It did leave a little water behind but far less than before, nothing a little QD couldn't take care of. I also found if you hold two corners (letting the towel hang down) and "place" it on the side of the vehicle and letting it sit for a few seconds then repeating over the vehicle, it seems to do a very good job of drying. If the towel continues to perform as it did today its much closer to the performance of the Water Magnet.

I will say that I have a week old coat of NXT on the truck could that make a difference (I had #21 with my prior uses)? or did that wash?

Anyone else tired to wash the towel the use it again?
                    Last edited by gb387; May 10, 2005, 01:57 PM.
                    Brandon

Comment

I would say, if washing the towel improves its performance so dramatically, then "WASH TOWEL BEFORE FIRST USE!" should be #1 in the instructions for use.

I used mine to dry my wheels, so I guess I need to wash it before trying it again anyhow.

Tom
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                        I would say, if washing the towel improves its performance so dramatically, then "WASH TOWEL BEFORE FIRST USE!" should be #1 in the instructions for use.

I used mine to dry my wheels, so I guess I need to wash it before trying it again anyhow.

Tom
                        You would think Meguiars would have put that on the box NOT - do not wash!?!? I might be dreaming!
                        Brandon

Comment

Re: Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel X-2070 ~ Review

After four years of sitting in a box, unopened and unused, I finally put the Gold Class Microfiber Super Suede Drying Cloth to the test.

I'm not much for words, but compared to the synthetic chamois I was using, the Super Suede towel worked very well! I like the idea of being able to push it around without fear of scratching the finish.

I thought it did an admiral job of removing water droplets too. I just wished that I had bought a few more of these.

At that time, the Gold Class accessories were being discounted up to 75% off!
                          r. b.

Comment

I find this to be an awesome weapon in my arsenal, but NOT as a sole drying method.

It only removes about 95% of the water in my experience, which is perfect for the 1-2 method I use.

Use the Super Suede to grab the bulk of the water from a panel, and then follow that immediately with a quick pass from a Meguiar's Waffle Weave.

The result is 100% streak free, and easy to do with 1 of each. Wringing out a Waffle Weave is very tough by hand and almost impossible to get it 100% dry. By using the Super Suede for the bulk of the drying, and then easily wringing it out, then you do not need to wring out the Waffle Weave.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                              It only removes about 95% of the water in my experience, which is perfect for the 1-2 method I use.

Use the Super Suede to grab the bulk of the water from a panel, and then follow that immediately with a quick pass from a Meguiar's Waffle Weave.
                              Fortunately, I don't have to worry about any tiny, leftover droplets. Our water supply is so soft, it barley registers on my aquarium's hardness scale kit. As a result, I have no water drop stains to deal with.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');