• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duo Fiber Glass Towel and NXT Glass Cleaner Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duo Fiber Glass Towel and NXT Glass Cleaner Review

Today I had the opportunity to use these two products on a 2003 Toyota Sienna that I was detailing.

The Glass Cleaner is in a clear bottle and is a clear liquid. The sprayer dispenses a fine mist of product on to the glass and a little products does the best work. The Duo Fiber Towel removes the product like no other method that I have encountered. The glass is left streak free and clean with minimal wiping.

This combination of products is a must have and even makes a guy like me (I stink at cleaning windows) look good!
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Yep, I've also tried the glass cleaner........ top shelf stuff!

Everything I've heard about the Duo fiber glass towel has been excellent too!

Sounds like both are "keepers"!
    Boss_429

Comment

I'm trying to find these products but to no avail

Not at Advance, Auto Zone or Wal Mart so far. Kinda reminds me of when NXT car wash came out, impossible to get. Speaking of which, I haven't been able to find again lately anywhere with the exception of one store that had a damged bottle and a rather marked up price so I switched back to EO Wet for one of my OTC washes for now.

I sure hope I can find the glass cleaner and glass MF some time.
      my product collection-- New !
      My Detailing Credo
      Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Bill D.
        I also had a hard time finding these products. I finally ordered online and very glad I did. Very fast shipping and Great Customer Service!!!Just another option for you. I also agree this is a hard combo to beat!!

Comment

I'm not a window guy either. Until recently I never used anything other than newspaper and whatever window cleaning solution was handy from my wife's collection of household cleaning supplies. (I started using automotive specific window cleaner about two years ago, but continued to use newpaper as a cleaning "cloth".) The DuoFiber Glass Towel and NXT Glass Cleaner is great stuff. And for those of you with sensitive noses it smells nice too.

Tom

Comment

I used the new Meguiar's Duo Fiber Towel & Meguiar's NXT Glass Cleaner today for the first time!

I decided not to wash the towel first as I wanted to get right to it.

Surprising that it left little lint for me out of the package and I would have expected much more lint as you normally would with a new towel of any kind. A nice start to a job I normally dislike very much (cleaning windows).

My windows were not bad(so I thought) as I only did them last week , but was amazed at the dirt (minor) that came off them (interior) and yet I thought they were pretty darn clean, so the towel grabbed whatever was left behind and the NXT Glass Cleaner was an added boost!

I had no problems leaving them streak free and am very impressed with the absorbency of the towel. The whole overall process did not seem to take as long as it would with my normal towels and glass cleaner, so maybe this combo will add some fun back into cleaning windows which is normally what I dread most. I really like the fact that I saved time not fighting streaks.

Great product(s) Meguiar's!

So my impressions in nutshell are "Simply Amazing and Efficient" and that something I never really thought possible from a towel and glass cleaner!
            My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

how does NXT glass cleaner compare to Stoner's invisible glass...anyone have experience with both?
              Claying and Wiping machine for ocprodetailers.com

Comment

Originally posted by clayingmachine
                how does NXT glass cleaner compare to Stoner's invisible glass...anyone have experience with both?
                Using the Stoner's outside in a light breeze lets the product spray onto the paint. Even in the garage microdroplets will get on the paint. That's my biggest complaint about an otherwise very good aerosol product.

Stoner's is a good cleaner. If you have it don't throw it away; use it to do all the windows in your house. Or give it to a neighbor, or co-worker. Then go get the NXT Glass Cleaner.

Tom
                As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                  Using the Stoner's outside in a light breeze lets the product spray onto the paint. Even in the garage microdroplets will get on the paint. That's my biggest complaint about an otherwise very good aerosol product.

That is one complaint, had to be careful. The NXT glass cleaner seems to spray with more force minimizing the problem. Or with both spray directly on towel.

I also had some problems with hazing. Sometimes it would work great and other times I would get a haze and I am not sure what causes it, I have been through three cans and not figured it out. So far NXT after 8-12 uses has not had any haze problems!

Originally posted by Mosca
                  Stoner's is a good cleaner. If you have it don't throw it away; use it to do all the windows in your house. Or give it to a neighbor, or co-worker. Then go get the NXT Glass Cleaner.

Tom

That is where I moved my IG. Still a great cleaner its just number 2 on the list.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Having used them both, I agree with the above two posters.
                    Quadruple Honda Owner
                    Black cars are easy!

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                      :

I also had some problems with hazing. Sometimes it would work great and other times I would get a haze and I am not sure what causes it, I have been through three cans and not figured it out. So far NXT after 8-12 uses has not had any haze problems!
                      :
                      I've had the hazing issues with IG. If you run a semi-dri towel over the glass, it usually takes care of it.

Here's what I do:

Spray directly on towel
                      Wipe on
                      Wipe off
                      Wait a few seconds
                      Wipe again with the other side of the same towel used for wiping off since it will be slightly damp

Comment

Re: Duo Fiber Glass Towel and NXT Glass Cleaner Review

This has been my most effective glass cleaning combination.....

SO........Why has the Duofiber Glass Cleaning Cloth been discontinued???
                        It was a great towel. No linting, no streaks.
                        Be Nice

Comment

Originally posted by bunker View Post
                          This has been my most effective glass cleaning combination.....

SO........Why has the Duofiber Glass Cleaning Cloth been discontinued???
                          It was a great towel. No linting, no streaks.

I also think this is a great combo... only problem I had with the towel, it didn't hold up very well in the washing machine but other than that no other problems with it.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

My Duofiber started falling apart the first time I used it. If I remember correctly there are a bunch of people who have had this happen. Maybe that's why they got discontinued. I see now that ADS is stocking there own brand of microfiber glass towels. Anyone have any experience with these? There about $1 each.
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');