• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pittings in plastic headlight lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pittings in plastic headlight lens

hey guys....wondering what I can do to remove the bunches of tiny pittings on my plastic headlight lenses. they're almost invisible to the eye during the day, but the second it gets dark out and I turn the headlights on, they're clearly visible. any suggestions?

A pit is a divit, which means plastic is missing, since you can't really "add" more plastic, the most you can do is to polish it with a product like PlastX.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks

Comment

If the plastx can't cut it (which is possible, these pits can be deep), the only option left that I know of is to sand the lens down. That can cause a problem, though, if the plastic is coated, and you sand the coating off.

Unfortunately, there isn't a good solution to pitting on plastic and glass.

Comment

I use my PC with plastic X on headlights, Plexus is alsoa good product for plastic.
          "Washing for the People"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');