• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Detail Clinic at Nohr’s Auto Haus, hosted by Jason Rose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Detail Clinic at Nohr’s Auto Haus, hosted by Jason Rose!

This last Saturday, Jason Rose from Meguiar's hosted a hands-on detailing clinic at Nohr's Auto House in Buellton, CA.

There were

*** 4 Corvette Clubs represented with 48 Vette owners in attendance!

Jason sent me an e-mails saying,

One guy with a really nice custom paint job (ghost flames) had buffer swirls. He had hired two detailers to get them out, both couldn't. One actually put more swirls in. Not only did we get them out, but I showed the guy how he could get them out himself using M-83 DACP, Meguiar's G-100 and a W-8006.

The owner commented,

"If it were socially acceptable in this crowd, I'd kiss you right now."

To which Jason replied,
    *"I told him a simple *thanks* will do!

Hopefully some of the people who attended the event will post some of their comments and pictures here, or e-mail them to me and I'll upload and insert them to share with the rest of the Online community.

mphillips@meguiars.com

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

First, let me say that everything that impressed me about the clinic has been echo'd by everyone in our club(Corvette Club Santa Barbara). I have been polishing and waxing cars by the brute force hand method for over 45 years and never thought I would even consider using a buffer. Everybody knows they cause swirls, right? Never thought that I would ever consider using a polymer wax instead of the good old carnuba kind. Well, now that I have moved out of the 19th century, both of these thoughts have been obliterated. Jason convinced all in attendance that the PC buffer is the only way to fly and the new polymer waxes are a whole new ballgame. The ease with which scratches and swirls were removed was a real eye opener. The shine provided by the NXT Tech Wax was outstanding. If anyone has any doubts about your products, I strongly urge they attend one of your tech sessions and see for themselves what you can accomplish in your own garage. Thanks for the education.
    Best Regards,
    Paul (vette67)
    NCM Life Member #300
    NCRS Member #10460
    NCM Ambassador
    NCM Founding Member #615
    NCM Life Member #300
    NCRS Member #10460
    NCM Ambassador

Comment

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

We're glad to hear everyone had a good time, Jason Rose is a stellar Meguiar's employee, but more than that, he truly has a passion for detailing cars and showing others how they can do it themselves and get professional results the first time, with the right products.

If you should have any further questions about the things Jason demonstrated last Saturday, please feel free to post them here. And make sure to share this link with the other members that were present that day!

Mike

p.s.

Now how about a picture of your Corvette?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ulitmate bonnet

I do have a question regarding the use of the ultimate bonnet. As I recall, Jason installed it over the finishing pad and I saw on another site that it is recommended that it be installed over a lambs wool pad. Is this required to provide a more padded finishing surface, or not required at all?
        Paul
        NCM Founding Member #615
        NCM Life Member #300
        NCRS Member #10460
        NCM Ambassador

Comment

Detail Clinic at Nohr's Auto Haus.

I would like to let you know how much I enjoyed the detail session put on by Jason. Even though I have always used Meguiar's products, I though I knew just about everything it took to put a great shine on my cars. After the class, I learned a whole new way to do it the right way, with some very new Meguiar's products. Jason also enlightened me on the products I should use on my 1962 Corvette, which is painted with lacquer and needs to breathe unlike enamel with a clear coat. I have now purchased alot of new Meguiar's products, plus a new orbital buffer. Again, Jason thank you for a very informative session.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');