• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Covers

Alright I'm stuck. This weekend I'm heading to the San Francisco Area for a big Corvette show where the NCRS will be judging our recently purchased 64 Corvette. I guess they're really going to be poking around under the hood to confirm all the little details are correct so we need some fender covers. I went and looked at those standard vinyl type mechanics fender covers, and I'm sure they work well for their intended purpose, but this car is a whole new level of wierd for me (it won a top flight award in 2000). So I've been trying to figure out what to use for a fender cover.

Ideally I'd have a huge microfiber towel I could lay over each fender, but I can't seem to find one. My second though was going and finding some really nice plush terry cloth bath or beach towels.

What does everyone else use for this? This car has a very very nice paint job and I intend on keeping it that way.

Thanks in advance.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

A follow up. I found the largest microfiber towel I could. They're actually a little bit larger than the waffle weave drying cloth and almost exactly the same type material. I took some 1/8th inch thick 1" alluminum flat strips and cut it in to two inch sections and bent them in the middle to about a 45 degree angle. I then took a regular microfiber towel and cut strips off of it and wrapped these alluminum clips. They were secured to the hooks I made using body side molding tape pieces. Two of these were used for each towel. Then a strip of that regular microfiber towel was used to attach the hook to the drying towels that cover the fender. Basically they hang there from the inner lip of the fender.

Now... Meguiar's should make something like this. You can call it the velvet touch fender cover.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');