• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Chrome Wheel Cleaner/Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Chrome Wheel Cleaner/Polish

Current Ram truck wheels are aluminum clad with a plastic chromed cover. Anything different when it comes to polishing chromed plastic components?

Re: Plastic Chrome Wheel Cleaner/Polish

Not to hi jack your thread but I have the same question - and if I may extend into - how do you know when its Chrome clad or plastic or painted ? Have a new Ford Edge that begs all those questions.

Comment

Most likely it has a plastic coating on then. Tire dressing or the like would be an option.
      If they are painted with a clear coat, treat the like paint.
      My go to on my high end cars is break dust barrier. it gives great protection, nice shine & does a nice job on painted calipers.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
        Most likely it has a plastic coating on then. Tire dressing or the like would be an option.
        If they are painted with a clear coat, treat the like paint.
        My go to on my high end cars is break dust barrier. it gives great protection, nice shine & does a nice job on painted calipers.
        Cheers !
        Please Wash Me Detailing

Comment

You can tell by touching/looking at it.
          Lol

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
            You can tell by touching/looking at it.
            Lol
            Well turns out they are chrome clad - but I would have said they where plastic if I hadn't checked the bill of sale -the shine is not how I remember chrome its almost to shiny (if that's possible).Could be becouse Ive been cleaning clear coated aluminum for 4 years and that has engraved my brain.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');