• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need Meguiars Gold Class Bug&Tar Remover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Meguiars Gold Class Bug&Tar Remover?

I already have good paint cleaners such as Meguiars ScratchX, #9, Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner, Mother Pre-Wax Cleaner, etc.

Do I need Meguiars Gold Class Bug&Tar Remover?

Meguiars Gold Class Bug&Tar Remover removes wax protection on paint like paint cleaners.

Re: Do I need Meguiar's Gold Class Bug&Tar Remover?

Originally posted by ktlimq
    I already have good paint cleaners such as Meguiar's ScratchX, #9, Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner, Mother Pre-Wax Cleaner, etc.

Do I need Meguiar's Gold Class Bug&Tar Remover?
    Do you have, or do you regularly get bugs and tar on your car's finish?

Meguiar's Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover removes wax protection on paint like paint cleaners.
    This product doesn't remove paint protection like a paint cleaner, but to some degree it will remove any paint protection on the surface.

If you really want to drill down to the nitty gritty, anytime you touch your car's paint, the potential for friction is present. In other words, touching your car's finish with a cleaner and a polishing cloth doesn't add any wax, it may not remove any wax, that depends on how much you rub on it and what you use to rub on it.

Does that make sense?

I find on the forums, many people like to get very technical and in-depth, so I do my best to answer questions as best as possible to satisfy even the most detail oriented person on the net.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have tar on my car, and I regularly get tar. In spring and summer, I regularly get bugs. I now it is best to remove such contaminants while they are fresh, but I am not so diligent to do that. So I often find contaminants that are not removed by normal car wash.

For NON-technical people, what is the point of Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover?

On the label of Gold Class Bug and Tar Remover, it reads that it
      removes contaminants like bug and tar,
      and that a coat of wax must be applied after using Bug and Tar Remover.

NON-technical people may think that paint cleaners
      removes contaminants like bug and tar,
      and that a coat of wax must be applied after using paint cleaners.

What are advantages and disadvantages of Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover over paint cleaners?

Is it just another paint cleaner with milder (or stronger) chemical cleaning and without micro abrasives?

By the way, this question is a question that an ordinary car care products shopper may ask.
      My question contains only label instruction, common sense on pre-wax cleaners (also acquired by reading label instructions of many paint cleaners): no in-depth technical detail.

Comment

It much more easily removes bugs and tar. A paint cleaner like #9 would take some rubbing to remove this stuff, and may not remove it at all. The GC stuff works to dissolve tar and bugs really well.

You certainly don't *need* it, but it's a nice product to have for bugs and tar. I like it a lot as it works well but is pretty mild.
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');